Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Sony Touch Just Died on Me

Hi I have a Sony Touch 600, it was fully charged a few days ago.

Normally I get a low battery warning once it needs recharging but today it just wouldn't turn on. I connected it to a mains charger and the red light came on but the Touch wouldn't turn on. I had to do a reset in order to get the Touch to turn on.

Once it did turn on the battery indicator was on 1 bar and the Continue Reading was on the previous book.

I have no idea what happened, has anyone any idea? I had noticed recently that the charge wasn't lasting as long as before.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Well, I don't have direct experience with the Sony 600, but as for your charges not lasting as long, that is, to some extent to be expected. Though, on a reader that is what, a year old and only charged maybe once every two-three weeks? I would have expected it to take another year before the difference started becoming noticeable.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Hi I have a Sony Touch 600, it was fully charged a few days ago.

Normally I get a low battery warning once it needs recharging but today it just wouldn't turn on. I connected it to a mains charger and the red light came on but the Touch wouldn't turn on. I had to do a reset in order to get the Touch to turn on.

Once it did turn on the battery indicator was on 1 bar and the Continue Reading was on the previous book.

I have no idea what happened, has anyone any idea? I had noticed recently that the charge wasn't lasting as long as before.
I had similar problems with a PRS900. I noticed a couple of things:

1) The battery charge meter is not accurate at all.
2) If the battery level drops below a certain level, you have to reset the device. Once you do, the battery meter is completely screwed up until you fully recharge.
3) If the battery goes completely dead, you might have to wall-charge (USB charger might not work).

Are you sure your device is fully charging when you say you noticed that it's not lasting long? Again, don't trust the battery meter, just let it sit there for a full day.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Are you sure your device is fully charging when you say you noticed that it's not lasting long? Again, don't trust the battery meter, just let it sit there for a full day.
I just leave it till the red light goes out but I think I will leave it on overnight tonight, and see how I go. Thanks
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote