Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #31
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oooooo .... phlebotomy!! Now yer speakin muh language!! (Runs and gets her tourniquet and 12 gauge needles.)
We've got haemochromatosis in the family. How I hate phlebotomy/venesection.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
i am pretty sure i don't want to know what any of those words mean.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #33
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Oh ... not a good thing. Really too bad I'm not there to do it. I was a whiz with the needle. There are tricks to making the whole process practically painless.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh ... not a good thing. Really too bad I'm not there to do it. I was a whiz with the needle. There are tricks to making the whole process practically painless.
oh god, now i'm DEFINITELY sure i don't want to know.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #35
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Yawn. Ohh no. It was a dream. I never made it out of here. Groan.

How long have I been asleep? Anything happened?

Quote:
I'm up!! I'm up!! .... what was the question??
What "what question"? Oh yes. You were going to tell me the tale about the tunnel. You were going to given me a hint. You were.... RickyMaveety? Sleeping again huh? So you've had your tea.

I don't suppose there's a note left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
och noo laddie, the arbroath smokie is only for the cat.
Are you saying that, essentially, the cat has been living on nothing but addictive psychadelic drugs ever since it arrived here? Worryingly for this place, that makes sense...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
streuth mon, ye git a dith wish or somat?
Dunno. Would a death wish get me out of here?

Quote:
Oooooo .... phlebotomy!! Now yer speakin muh language!! (Runs and gets her tourniquet and 12 gauge needles.)
Is RickyMaveety one of the doctors? Nahhh. Can't be. Drank Tea.

12 gauge needles. Don't like needless.... feeling faint...<pants>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCeeEll View Post
I am building a glider in the atic and I could use more matches and custard. 12 guage wire would be good too, though not sure what for yet.
Ohhhh. A glider. I like gliders. How many can it carry? Do you have a pilots' licence? How are you going to launch it? Catapult? <pause>

Quote:
If you go to the back door for a smoke could you collect some matches for me.
Backdoor? BACK DOOR??? Where. Tellme Tellme...

Quote:
Got to go, if I do not watch out the elves eat all the custard and use the matches as toothpicks.
Elf infestation. Very nasty. Do elves scare pandas? You know, like mice and elephants? Or is that just a myth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
oops. :weneedaflameemoti:
Dammit pshrynk, are you trying to ruin our plan with your fireworks. Or destroy the plane. Thank goodness GeoffC put out the flames with a quick blast of ... What was that????

Hey. Wait a minute. Why is that panda over on the left crawling into a giant envelope.... Brilliant! Excellent. Anyone got some more stamps.
Come on, move over a bit. If you could just move your leg a bit... Yes, and maybe the arm over to the right... Yes on that red bit of the envelope..

Oh. Hello Nurse. What? Have you not seen a Panda and a LazyScot play twister in a giant envelope? Look its all innocent.... Oh not. Not another cup of tea.

I threally widn't dant that thee pup....

THUmp Zzzzz.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #36
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Now Patricia and Zelda did build a Tunnel of Love ride and sold tickets to unsuspecting phlebotomy students who never suspected that it ended at the top of a 200' waterfall. (No wonder they charged a deposit on the boat.)

Like the Eagles' Hotel California you may check out (with the laddy by the door, not a real door) but you can never leave. Did you not see the sign above the entrance that read, "Abandon hope all ye who enter"?

As the bodies get piled higher and higher some may someday escape over the wall and barbed-wire fences on their motorcycles -- that is if we ever find a wall to go over or can get a motorcycle. We are still looking for the laddy and the fake door the laddy is by.

They said "take the first turn to the right 'cause we're taking down the names of everybody turning left." They said "sit down", I stood up. They say if you can hear Ricky's double ought six it ain't aimed at you. I hope that's true. The meat at dinner last night was a bit too sweet, not gamey enough to be panda, had buckshot marbling, and I haven't seen VR in days. Hmmm.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #37
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I thought Ricky liked a 12-gauge? Was that someone else?

Anyway, LazyScot, c'mere... shh! Ok, now I've got here a red jellybean and a blue jellybean, and if you really want to know the truth... wait, I had them right here....

Would you like some dark chocolate instead? With or without nuts or espresso beans?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:41 PM   #38
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Be careful, someone has added brown food coloring to a batch of white chocolate and is passing it around. Its a bad trip.

I think its the butterfly. No one ever suspects the butterfly. Well, that's what Bart said.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:36 AM   #39
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I suspect the owl, the pussycat and that green boat...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:46 AM   #40
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

pssst, LazyScot - you awake...?

I've got the secret of a secret passageway out of here...

first I've got to check your boni-fides, 'cause I've only been able to negotiate excitation by one, and it took 753.5 days worth of my best chocolate.

ah...<tb>

you're from the left hand shake lodge, funny you lot have always been backwards...fancy still using the thumb-screw twist with the right hand wrist over-throw...

<tb><tb>

right, ok, I've confirmation you are to go...now stay quiet...this is so secret the escape committe don't know about it...but they agree you need to escape before your brain snaps...

Bang, zing....crack....

what's that...

nothing, just my head-band elastic failing....

right, ok, now this is the password....

"----.. ---... ... - ..- -- -- ,,15 -- --..;;..---", ok, you got that...you need to put that into the Bletchford decoder you were given in your survival pack when you joined up....

right, now ...<tb>

you need to find the wardrobe with the non-reflective mirror inside it...yes...I know, non-reflective except in the light of the full moon...you need to give the password to the phlebotomistic were-wolf on guard...

he'll open the door for you, and give you egress into the tunnel...all you need to do then is find the right wabbit with a large chronophlagical disc to show you the way passed the soldiers...as long as they are playing bridge you will be in the clear...don't worry about the talking animals, they aren't really there---just a figment of your imagination....

bang.....zing....

errrr.....Patricia, Pshynk, VR....I need your help here....he seems to have had a funny turn.....help........anybody....
Old 07-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #41
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Like giving them a good slap right before you stick the needle in? I loved that one. Oddly, they asked me to go into a specialty that did not involve drawing blood...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Like giving them a good slap right before you stick the needle in? I loved that one. Oddly, they asked me to go into a specialty that did not involve drawing blood...
ah, diversionary tactics. that reminds me of when i was little : "papa, i hurt my finger !" "oh, well, that's just terrible ; here, i'll cut off your hand, then you won't feel it anymore."

it's probably for the best my father was not involved in any specialties that involve drawing blood either.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #43
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Nah .... no slapping involved. But it really (really) helps if you tie the tourniquet only as tight as needs be to bring the vein up. In addition ... I never thread the vein ... I've known a lot of people who do, and it's not only not necessary, but it can produce additional hematomas.

I was always just a light tourniquet, a quick pop in, and then out. I was also very good at finding goog spots on difficult patients. Although, there was this one heroin addict ... he was damn near impossible, but then he showed me a spot he had been "saving for his birthday."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ah, diversionary tactics. that reminds me of when i was little : "papa, i hurt my finger !" "oh, well, that's just terrible ; here, i'll cut off your hand, then you won't feel it anymore."

it's probably for the best my father was not involved in any specialties that involve drawing blood either.
Well, I always hated needles. I think that's why I wanted to be really good at using them. When I was working in the Sierras years ago, I taught phlebotomy to the new employees. And, I got to be the "crash test dummy." I've got really good veins, and it's much easier learning how to do it when the person you are doing it to is talking you through it. (And assuring you that ... no matter how bad you screw it up ... you are not going to kill them). My time as the stick dummy sort of got me over the fear thingie.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #44
RWood
Technogeezer

You know the kid that runs down the hall hoping he can avoid the polio shot even though his uncle got polio and two of his friends came down with it the summer before when an polio epidemic swept the valley? Yeah, that was me. They did finally capture me and I had the full series of 3 (?) shots of the Salk polio vaccine (the only one available then, second commercial release batch.) To this day I have to look away when ever they draw blood for a blood test.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #45
GeoffC

Don't look now, but it looks like LazyScot has managed to escape - he ain't here!!!

Tags
ongoing saga, saga, unutterable silliness