Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 10-02-2015, 05:29 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Pryce, D. Hugh: The Quiet Mrs. Fleming. v1. 2 Oct 2015

D. Hugh Pryce: Born : 1864 Boulogne-sur-Mer, Pas-de-Calais, France: Lived : Belgravia, London, England (final): Died : 1942 May 30 Chelsea, London, England

Excerpt
Mrs. Smith said her hair was dyed.
“It’s a yellow that is never natural,” she said. “Look at Emma, she has real golden hair, but it ain’t a bit like that. I had a good look at her and her hair is dyed.”
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: lrf Quiet Mrs. Fleming, The.lrf (342.8 KB, 1522 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
LarinUP
LarinUP began at the beginning.

Device: iPad3, MacBook Pro
RE: Pryce, D. Hugh: The Quiet Mrs. Fleming. v1. 2 Oct 2015

This book downloads OK with the info listed above, however, the book cover shows the author name as “Richard Pryce.” Not a big deal, but curious about why there is a difference.

A former Marine thanks you for your sevice.

Thanks for posting books.

Last edited by LarinUP; 10-24-2015 at 05:39 PM.
LarinUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
This is a response to the last post.

Googling this, I'm thinking of two possibilities.

One possibility is that Richard Pryce is the same person as our D. Hugh Pryce (1864 - 1942):

Daisy Hugh Pryce

Richard Pryce 1864 - 1942

If that is the case, my hypothesis is that Pryce wrote more serious books, and plays, as Richard Pryce, and crime books as Daisy (or D) Hugh Pryce.

However, I'm not finding evidence that convinces me they are the same person. It may be that the origin of the link between the two names is an error by a small reprint publisher of public domain works, Black Heath Editions.

Things that would probably, or definitely, convince me they are the same author:

-- An obituary of one of the other noting they are the same person

-- Something from before the web era showing that D. Hugh Pryce, or Daisy Hugh Pryce, was born in 1864 and/or died in 1942. Those dates are given in many places across the web for Richard Pryce, but, as far as I can see, only in the Patricia Clark Memorial Library for D/Daisy Hugh Pryce.

-- Something from before the web era showing a list of books written by one of these authors where the same novel or play is shown on another list of books by the other author

-- Genealogical evidence that a person named Daisy Hugh Pryce was born in 1864 and/or died in 1942.

-- This is more difficult, but an analysis of authorial style might establish they are the same person.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 10-25-2015 at 09:07 AM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #4
crimefan
crimefan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
This is a response to the last post.

Googling this, I'm thinking of two possibilities.

One possibility is that Richard Pryce is the same person as our D. Hugh Pryce (1864 - 1942):

Daisy Hugh Pryce

Richard Pryce 1864 - 1942

If that is the case, my hypothesis is that Pryce wrote more serious books, and plays, as Richard Pryce, and crime books as Daisy (or D) Hugh Pryce.

However, I'm not finding evidence that convinces me they are the same person. It may be that the origin of the link between the two names is an error by a small reprint publisher of public domain works, Black Heath Editions.

Things that would probably, or definitely, convince me they are the same author:

-- An obituary of one of the other noting they are the same person

-- Something from before the web era showing that D. Hugh Pryce, or Daisy Hugh Pryce, was born in 1864 and/or died in 1942. Those dates are given in many places across the web for Richard Pryce, but, as far as I can see, only in the Patricia Clark Memorial Library for D/Daisy Hugh Pryce.

-- Something from before the web era showing a list of books written by one of these authors where the same novel or play is shown on another list of books by the other author

-- Genealogical evidence that a person named Daisy Hugh Pryce was born in 1864 and/or died in 1942.

-- This is more difficult, but an analysis of authorial style might establish they are the same person.
Facsimiles of the original print editions (e.g. at archive.org) and the British Library catalogue, have Richard Pryce listed as the author. That isn't to say that this isn't a pseudonym, of course - but if there is an error here, I'd be inclined to suggest that the mistake is to ascribe the book to D. Hugh Pryce. Every other reliable source ascribes it to Richard Pryce...
crimefan is offline   Reply With Quote