Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 03:18 AM   #46
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen View Post
Ok, so I've been following these directions and have Kobo Start Menu installed. It seems to be working, except for being the wrong size which seems to require modifying a file somewhere to change the device size on the H20.
Did you install all updates?
Edit: I just read in another post that you did update and that it is now working.

Last edited by tshering; 04-17-2015 at 03:53 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:14 AM   #47
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen View Post
Ok, so I've been following these directions and have Kobo Start Menu installed. It seems to be working, except for being the wrong size which seems to require modifying a file somewhere to change the device size on the H20.

But when I go to get the readers, the link for the pbchess reader is 404

I see where that link seems to have gone dead once before, is it possible to fix that again?
fixed, again, looks like the older server is operating again.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2015, 10:58 AM   #48
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
Quick question..With Coolreader latest, if i enable Display Header on my Kobo Aura H20, the header does display, but the top of it is chopped so I can only view the bottom of it. I have simply been disabling display header, but does anyone know if this is a known issue with the H20, or do I have to modify one of the CoolReader config files as the H20 has a slightly larger screen geometry?

Thanks,
JFeole
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #49
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I updated the valasovsoft/Coolreader install instructions for the newer releases.

Luck;
Ken
Old 11-10-2016, 10:10 PM   #50
AbPho
Connoisseur
AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.AbPho has met Morla.

Device: AuraHD, GloHD
Thanks Ken and everyone else involved in making this possible. I just took the plunge.
AbPho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2017, 03:04 AM   #51
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Hello, I have had some problem after having installed the patch.
First I updated Koreader (I was in the 2015 stable and updated to the last nightly), and everything went well.
Then I installed KSM patch even it was not necessary, having a Glo HD. I used "install update" not "partial update". I think that with that also nickel was updated (I am now in 4.0.7523).
The problem is that now KSM doesn't show anymore. Nickel works well but I can't go to KSM anymore, even if I touch the exit_nickel pgn (I just see the icon bigger). To be frank I already had this last issue but my solution was to restart the device to have KSM and I was happy with that.
I would try to reinstall KSM 08, how do I procede? Is overwriting the directory enough?
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:12 AM   #52
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Let me add: now I remember my real issue with exit_nickel before was that I could just see of KSM the message "WiFi enabled" or similar, I was stuck there and had to restart to have KSM.
That's why I tried the patch: hoping it could solve this issue.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:25 AM   #53
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
You probably need to put koboroot.tgz from KSM package into kobo directory, as per these instructions:

Quote:
Step 2
connect the Kobo device to the PC
copy KoboRoot.tgz to the folder .kobo of the device
eject safely and disconnect
wait until the update is finished (do not interrupt it, even if it takes some time)
As this is KSM problem, and these instructions doesn't solve problem, best to ask in KSM thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=266821
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #54
libertango
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
You probably need to put koboroot.tgz from KSM package into kobo directory, as per these instructions:

As this is KSM problem, and these instructions doesn't solve problem, best to ask in KSM thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=266821
Thanks I posted there
Old 03-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #55
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm trying out KOreader now on Kobo - in theory, first I'm trying it on Android, as the Kobo is not mine actually. But - not suprisingly - I'm not satisfied with Kobo's PDF handling, and KOReader's looks nice so far.

- Is there a "Library" and "Collection" type file-handling, or better, book-handling option in KOReader? I don't really want to see a pure list of "files", but rather a bookshelf type list with covers, probably organised as wished?
- If not, is there a way to start KOReader by opening a specific file directly? So it will show the book instead of the file manager?
- Also, anyone else thought a PDF auto-starter for Kobo before? I mean to open a PDF in KOReader from nickel. I have the possible solution idea in my mind, but the previous question needs to be answered for it first.
kido.resuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #56
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's work on creating new file manager for koreader: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/2614

Koreader also opens in certain directory (last used, maybe you also can set some default directory to be always opened, didn't played much with this) and you can set it up to open last used file. Basically, if you opened at least one book and set it to open last used book, you'll need file manager only to open new book.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #57
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Nice, thank you! One just have to change the ["lastfile"] setting in settings.reader.lua to whatever the opening file should be, and koreader starts with opening that book, no matter if it was in history before or not!

My idea is to trigger or check the Kobo database for a pdf opening, stop or pause nickel, and open the pdf in koreader. Or if the database watching takes too much resources, then something like fmon, but with dynamic file names.

As for the new file manager for koreader, I don't know if it's gonna happen, and if it will, it's not even sure if there will be covers for unopened books. It seems they want to add features only for the books in the history, which is also nice, and the current one is usable for a tech engineer or professional, but not always practical for a simple user.

Last edited by kido.resuri; 03-19-2017 at 03:35 PM.
kido.resuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #58
Alan_S
Evangelist

From my perspective, I don't use nickel at all. Everything works better in koreader.

About new file manager, it will happen. And, even if first version wouldn't support all features you maybe want, you can ask for what you want.

Biggest problem with what you propose is that it slows down importing new books (one of reasons I don't use nickel is long time I have to wait after sideloading books) and wears SD cards.

External SD cards aren't problem, you can always buy new one, but for many people if internal SD card gets broken, it usually means you need to buy new ebook reader.

I don't know if newer kobos will go with real ROM, but too much using internal SD card is a big problem in my opinion.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #59
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
From my perspective, I don't use nickel at all. Everything works better in koreader.

About new file manager, it will happen. And, even if first version wouldn't support all features you maybe want, you can ask for what you want.

Biggest problem with what you propose is that it slows down importing new books (one of reasons I don't use nickel is long time I have to wait after sideloading books) and wears SD cards.

External SD cards aren't problem, you can always buy new one, but for many people if internal SD card gets broken, it usually means you need to buy new ebook reader.

I don't know if newer kobos will go with real ROM, but too much using internal SD card is a big problem in my opinion.
The use of an internal micro SD card is a great feature and allows for an important recovery process. It does require opening the case, which can be a problem for some. If done carefully, opening the case and replacing the card, is not that hard.

I would say that soldering a memory chip to the PCB is not as good as using a standard memory card that you can replace or upgrade.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #60
Alan_S
Evangelist

Well, memory chip is usually much faster than external SD card. Also, less prone to errors (you need to change SD card only if it malfunctions, or if you want something faster).

Not to mention that opening the case is not for anyone.