Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #886
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post

Regardless, can you please, please fix the drop down to keep from accidentally hitting the view shelf?

Thanks!
I would love this too, on my laptop this menu gets hit a lot when I'm trying to get to the "Linked Book" menu and because I have a lot of shelves it takes over the whole screen! Truly I would like it if I could turn the "View Shelf" menu off in the plugin setting as I don't use it, but having it moved out of the way would be good too.

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #887
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Since the change to use proper star ratings in a dropdown the goodreads sync window when adding a book to read shelf always shows 2*'s. It sends the correct rating to goodreads its just the display thats broken.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #888
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblox View Post
Since the change to use proper star ratings in a dropdown the goodreads sync window when adding a book to read shelf always shows 2*'s. It sends the correct rating to goodreads its just the display thats broken.
Yep, I saw it yesterday.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #889
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblox View Post
Yes, I saw that during the week running from source. I was waiting for the release before doing anything. I'll have a look at it over the weekend.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:05 PM   #890
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, I saw that during the week running from source. I was waiting for the release before doing anything. I'll have a look at it over the weekend.
Awesome! Thanks.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2016, 07:05 AM   #891
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Beta - Fix ratngs display, hide view shelf options

Attached is a beta to fix the display of ratings with calibre version 2.67. Plus a configuration option to not show the "View Shelf" menu item. There are some other changes, including those from an earlier beta that apparently never was released properly. The full changes are:
  • Fix rating display after change in calibre 2.67
  • Add option not to display the "View shelf" menu. Causes problems if lots of shelves.
  • Add "debug_print" to common_utilities and use it instead of "prints".
  • Encode the URL before opening it.
  • Disable sorting on lists when updating values.

Please test and tell me how it goes. If everything is OK, I'll get it released next week.

Last edited by davidfor; 01-03-2017 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Removed beta as changes have been released.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #892
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle PW 11th
Do tags get downloaded with the metadata from GoodReads?
Teeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #893
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
Do tags get downloaded with the metadata from GoodReads?
Yes and no. This plugin can set tags based on the shelves you have the books in on Goodreads. But it doesn't look at the genres or any other metadata. For that, you want the Goodreads metadata source plugin.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #894
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle PW 11th
Quote:
Yes and no. This plugin can set tags based on the shelves you have the books in on Goodreads. But it doesn't look at the genres or any other metadata. For that, you want the Goodreads metadata source plugin.
Oh okay thanx =D
Teeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #895
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Goodreads unable to connect to Calibre

I have authorized Goodreads to connect with Calibre, and that got an OK. But when trying to use the Goodreads plugin within Calibre, I keep getting this connection failure message.

I am using a Mac laptop, with the latest OS and an updated Calibre.

I have authorized Goodreads to connect with Calibre, and that got an OK.

ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:58 PM   #896
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I have authorized Goodreads to connect with Calibre, and that got an OK. But when trying to use the Goodreads plugin within Calibre, I keep getting this connection failure message.

I am using a Mac laptop, with the latest OS and an updated Calibre.

I have authorized Goodreads to connect with Calibre, and that got an OK.

The image isn't showing up in your post and I didn't see it until I started the reply. In any case, that image is fairly useless as that is a generic error. You need to show the details of the error. But, instead of posting an image, can you click the "Copy to clipboard" and then post that in. That button copies the detailed error which is more likely to give an idea of what went wrong.

And what have you actually done here? Which button did you press to get the error?
Old 09-19-2016, 10:49 AM   #897
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Goodreads plugin for Calibre

The Goodreads plugin within Calibre says it is authorized. But I don't see Calibre listed in my Goodreads account under authorized apps.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:23 PM   #898
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Your account won't show calibre as the authorised application, because it isn't. You are authorising the plugin. Unfortunately, it doesn't show as that. Looking at my Goodreads settings, it shows as "no application"
Old 10-20-2016, 11:18 AM   #899
MicaOlaAdams
MicaOlaAdams began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Attached is a beta to fix the display of ratings with calibre version 2.67. Plus a configuration option to not show the "View Shelf" menu item.
Please test and tell me how it goes. If everything is OK, I'll get it released next week.
When trying to sync any shelf I get the following error:
Code:
calibre, version 2.70.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 13] Permission denied: u'E:\\test.xml'

calibre 2.70  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-16.0.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '16.0.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 16.0.0: Mon Aug 29 17:56:20 PDT 2016; root:xnu-3789.1.32~3/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.11
OSX: ('10.12', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 3, 4) && BOL_DE (0, 7, 2) && Goodreads Sync (1, 9, 2) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Import List (1, 1, 5) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 344, in _accept_clicked
  File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 379, in get_goodreads_books_on_shelves
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'E:\\test.xml'
MicaOlaAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:18 PM   #900
deadman36g
deadman36g began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hello @kiwidude,

Thanks for this excellent plugin.

I have a question I was curious you could help me with.

I have a calibre library of 4214 books. I was wanting to upload all of my books to a shelf in goodreads named 'calibre'

50 at I time, slowly but surely I got them there, or so I though..

My shelf at goodreads shows a number of 4213! I am missing a book somewhere.

Would there by an easy way using the plugin for me to find the missing book?
deadman36g is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads