Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-23-2007, 02:44 AM   #46
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
you need to create a BookDesigner book. There is an icon of the corrector window. Down at the bottom right this will save all your formatting.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:50 AM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Another way to do it, which I prefer personally, is to copy the "LastFile" folder from the BD folder into your own filestore for that book. To resume work on the book, go into the "LastFile" folder in your own filestore, and double click the "book_name.html0" file.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2007, 05:17 PM   #48
Aybara
Aybara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
OK, I click on the make book for Sony Reader and the program does nada.

Did I miss something?
Aybara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:15 AM   #49
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what "nada" means, but I presume you mean that the program isn't working correctly .

I suspect that you haven't installed it correctly. You need to first of all run the "Book Designer 4" installer (it's a proper ".msi" installer) then, once BD4 is installed, get the current BD5 upgrade and unzip that on top of the BD4 installation folder, overwriting all the files with the same names. Everything should then be OK.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #50
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
nada = zilch = nothing = bubkiss = zip
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2007, 06:44 AM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks . What's that? Spanish?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #52
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure, I always thought of it as slang.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:42 AM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aybara
OK, I click on the make book for Sony Reader and the program does nada.

Did I miss something?
Did you download the BD 4 install file and install with that and then download the update and copy the files over the installed files?

Jon
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #54
Yaksha
Yaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500
How come when I import this PDF into BD all of the quote tags are stripped out? Or is it just some weird setting I made?
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf quotes.pdf (8.0 KB, 936 views)
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #55
Yaksha
Yaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha
How come when I import this PDF into BD all of the quote tags are stripped out? Or is it just some weird setting I made?
Is anyone at least experiencing the same thing as me, or do the quotes show up when you put it into BD?
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There are better solutions to convert PDF to some other format than BD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:50 PM   #57
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I've got a question. The last book I did was Treasure Island by Stevenson. I calle dit 'version2
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0459#post70459 I cruised the net and got all the N.C, Wyeth illustrations of this book I could find.. (I have the N.C. Wyeth Illustrated version and its a treasure indeed!) I was wondering if there is a way to create a "Illustration: Section with links like the Chapter section without having to use the 'title' button and changing the headings at the bottom of the rest of that chapter into the name of the illustration.. (If you follow me..)
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:45 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White
I was wondering if there is a way to create a "Illustration: Section with links like the Chapter section without having to use the 'title' button and changing the headings at the bottom of the rest of that chapter into the name of the illustration.. (If you follow me..)
You mean to have an "index of illustrations" page at the start of the book, to allow people to jump straight to them?

Certainly. Just add some text underneath each illustration (either the name of it, or just "Illustration 1", etc). Then, highlight the text, and add it as a "note" in the "Notes and Links" dialog. Finally, create your list of illustrations, select the text that you want to "jump" to the illustration and add it as a "link" to the "note" you previously added.

If you look at my BD tutorial, I describe the process in detail for creating a table of contents. What you're linking to doesn't have to be a "Title" - that has nothing at all to do with it.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:06 AM   #59
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'd appreciate a bit of advice from fellow "book creators".

I'm currently doing a version of "Robinson Crusoe". The problem is, it's a very long book, and it doesn't have chapters - it's just one long stream of text!

Question is, should I leave it like that, or attempt to split it up in some way? It doesn't seem very nice not to give the user some way of knowing where they are in it.

It does have the page numbers of the original book it in. How about if I added a "chapter heading", say, every 50 pages through the book, and just call them "Page 50", "Page 100", etc?

What do you think?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 AM   #60
RWood
Technogeezer

Hpw about "Original Page 50"?