Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-14-2007, 07:50 PM   #31
SciFiReader
GadgetReader
SciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Sony Reader
Wink What Sony Rreader tab?

Harry I really love your tutorial and was working my way through it until I came upon your statement of clicking on the Sony Reader button to make the book. Neither the version 4.0 or 5.0 that I downloaded has a Sony Reader function on it. Am I missing something somewhere? Do I have to load an update that I missed? Thanks fo rsetting me straight.
SciFiReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #32
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgs
In the Settings/Output File Settings/Set Path, I have been successful in putting selected files in a directory of my choice. I just don't seem to be able to load a BD file that I saved to my desktop yesterday "before" I did a proper installation.

I am a bit nervous to go back to Reader mode. Where is the Top Menu Bar? It seemed like I had nothing.
The "Top Menu Bar" is the series of high level menu names that each produce a drop down menu. From left it reads File, Edit, Format, ..., Configuration, and Help. If you can't see it, try pressing and releasing the ALT key, pressing the left arrow key three times, and pressing enter. This should show the Configuration drop down menu.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #33
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiReader
Harry I really love your tutorial and was working my way through it until I came upon your statement of clicking on the Sony Reader button to make the book. Neither the version 4.0 or 5.0 that I downloaded has a Sony Reader function on it. Am I missing something somewhere? Do I have to load an update that I missed? Thanks fo rsetting me straight.
Here is the link to the latest update (~6 Meg) that I know about. It is a self-extracting zip file and the file EXE date is 12 April 2007.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #34
SciFiReader
GadgetReader
SciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of itSciFiReader has read War And Peace ... all of it

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:52 AM   #35
sartori
Connoisseur
sartori began at the beginning.

Sample LRS file for Dropcaps.

I know most people are using BookDesigner for creating their lrfs. But for those who delve more into the lrs file by hand I have attached a sample file that shows how to use graphics as dropcaps.

Someone asked on a thread a while ago on how to do this and I finally got round to working something up. (Unfortunately I can't find the original thread so I figure this is a good place for it).

I've tried to keep the lrs file tidy with indenting - if anyone knows the format for adding comments to an lrs file, please let me know.

The file contains the lrs file, the images used and the final lrf file. The lrs file should compile fine using lrs2lrf.

Sartori
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sample1.zip (150.8 KB, 1172 views)
File Type: lrf Sample1.lrf (126.2 KB, 1169 views)
sartori is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #36
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
AFAIK you can use standard XML comments:
<!-- comment goes here -->
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:31 AM   #37
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Igorsk, I think I read previously that you speak (or can read) some Russian. If that's the case, have you read anywhere on the home forum of Book Designer that mentions why you cannot later change the meta-tags of an LRF created in BD? The reason I ask is that I converted a LIT to LRF using BD and the Reader isn't picking up the meta info (nor using the Connect software), so I'm not sure if it's been damaged or what.

Thanks!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:45 AM   #38
SciFiReader
GadgetReader

Great job on this. I used it over the qeekend to make three books for my reader, and they came out great. I have one suggestion, you might want to add page #'s to each page. When my cat knocked the document on the floor, I found out those would have make the re-assembly a little easier. A "10" for all your work on this.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #39
Yaksha
Yaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litterYaksha doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500
I gave this a shot, thanks for all your time and effort!

I think I may have missed a setting somewhere, but I noticed that my chapter links don't work exactly how they should. In Book Designer, "I. Philip Hadden and King Cetywayo" is clickable. But after converting it to an LRF, only the "I." part is a link. Both in CONNECT and on the Sony Reader.

Any ideas?
Yaksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha
I gave this a shot, thanks for all your time and effort!

I think I may have missed a setting somewhere, but I noticed that my chapter links don't work exactly how they should. In Book Designer, "I. Philip Hadden and King Cetywayo" is clickable. But after converting it to an LRF, only the "I." part is a link. Both in CONNECT and on the Sony Reader.

Any ideas?
That issue is being addressed. See the thread at....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10462
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:12 PM   #41
Yaksha

Is there a way to indent a block of text? i.e. if I wanted it to look like this.

Code:
This is a block of text, I'm just typing this as
an example and putting in hard returns, I know
the Reader takes care of that for me, but just
bare with me while I explain what I mean.

This is another block of text, but now the
  left margin does not line up with the margin
  above.  I want to get a block of text to do
  this for one of the stories I am working on.

And then, later, the margin would return to normal.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
deleted for being incorrect.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-22-2007 at 12:11 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:08 AM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha
Is there a way to indent a block of text? i.e. if I wanted it to look like this.

Code:
This is a block of text, I'm just typing this as
an example and putting in hard returns, I know
the Reader takes care of that for me, but just
bare with me while I explain what I mean.

This is another block of text, but now the
  left margin does not line up with the margin
  above.  I want to get a block of text to do
  this for one of the stories I am working on.

And then, later, the margin would return to normal.
Yes, you can use one of the "styles" in BD for this. Eg, if you highlight a block of text, and mark it as "verse" in BD, you'll see that it indents. If there's one of the styles that you don't routinely use, you could give it the same font, etc, as the "paragraph" style, but indent it. The amount of indentation is the column labelled "Shift" on the "Styles" tab of the "Make Sony Reader File" dialog. Note that it's not the "Indent" column - that determines the indentation of the first line!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #44
Yaksha

So I spent about 2 hours formatting a book, and still had a bit of work today. I decided to take a break. I hit File -> Save to save all of my changes. Where ever it saved was the default location.

I came back later and started working on another book.

Then I decided to go back to my original book.

I went to File -> Recent Books and clicked on the book I was working on.

All of my formatting is gone. It appears to have reloaded the book from the original source. Is there any way to get back my original formatting?

Last edited by Yaksha; 04-22-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:09 AM   #45
Yaksha

OK, I opened another book, make some formatting changes to it, then went to File -> Save As and saved it somewhere else. The default was an HTML format.

I worked on another book.

Then I went back to my original book. While some of the formatting appears to have stayed, I lost a lot of the BookDesigner features.

All of my page breaks are gone.
Some of the text that was originally a titled and I formatted as a paragraph is back to a title.

How am I supposed to save my work and come back to it later?