Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #181
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

PS: I lost 5 so far!
Well done!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:59 PM   #182
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I am still walking the line about eating, smoking and drinking. I certainly put on some weight, but I am still happy with the geometrical shape. All my belts are too large. Luckily I do not fancy much the sweet things that lately have occupied my kitchen and pantry.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #183
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I am fatter than ever
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #184
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I started keeping track of calories using an Android app about 2 1/2 weeks ago (December 15). I've lost 6 lbs. I'm kind of a geek so it's actually kind of fun logging in my food and keeping track of my calorie intake each day. (Okay, plus I've been in a bit of a financial crunch through the holidays so I've been buying more fresh produce and less prepared food. Good for the budget AND the waistline!)
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:37 AM   #185
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I am fatter than ever
How's the bike-riding going?
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 03:44 AM   #186
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I am fatter than ever
Only to be expect after Christmas feasts.

But now we're into the New Year, perhaps you can start on a downward trend?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #187
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
How's the bike-riding going?
We still do at least 30 minutes most days. not so much when raining. Now the gym is back to normal I will do body balance 3 times per week.

Maybe the extra weight is muscle? My bum certainly seems firmer if not bigger!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #188
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
We still do at least 30 minutes most days. not so much when raining. Now the gym is back to normal I will do body balance 3 times per week.

Maybe the extra weight is muscle? My bum certainly seems firmer if not bigger!
I don't know if it's a myth or not, but it is said that muscle weighs more than fat. See if your gym has some bodyfat scales, and over time that may show the progress you're currently not seeing in overall weight? We also found that there seems to be trends of weight loss (about every 5-7 days) and trends of bodyfat change (about every 4 days). I guess that's why they suggest not to weigh yourself every day (but I can't help myself - I have to measure and graph such stuff ).

How are you finding the bike-riding? Fun? We love it...even talk about hiring bikes in future local or OS holidays. Such a nice way to see a place.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #189
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

I love my new bike. It goes like the wind! hehe.

I guess the lumpy stuff that has appeared around my middle in the past year is some kind of special muscle! I weigh myself every day, and have not put on as much as I thought. That day I must have been holding fluid because today I was half a kilo lighter. I did have a fancy schmancy spreadsheet that I made for weight loss with graphs and stuff, but I lost it in the hard drive crash. If I wasn't so lazy I would make it again. If you were a woman you may see a different trend related to hormones and fluid retention.

You should get a bike carrier and take your bikes away with you. Bloke wants to do that so we can go to Noosa for example and check out the paths that are just that little bit too far away to ride to from here.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #190
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, I expect there might be differences. . It gets me curious about metabolism and hormones and such, to see apparent cycles. I wonder, for example, if a gland produces something and then stops until levels get low enough that it's triggered again (eg. after 4/5/7 days, depending on the gland/hormone/mix).

We will eventually get a bike carrier. At the moment we're happy just riding locally, and can go a little further afield cramming the bikes in the back of the car. Have you seen the bikeways around Brisbane River in Brisbane city - quite awesome, even the bridges catering for it with clear bike lanes and all. We definitely want to do that while visiting my brother some time.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #191
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Yes those Brisbane river paths look great! You just have to find a safe(not too expensive) place to put the car. My Brother used to live in an apartment on the River right in town and my car went to prison for overstaying its welcome in the building's carpark
Old 01-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #192
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
If you were a woman you may see a different trend related to hormones and fluid retention.
Oh, Lord, yes. It's amazing how much fluid you can carry around with you, and at least for me it tends to be mostly in my midsection. That bloating problem the commercials talk about is no myth. On the other hand, when you wake up a few mornings later and see that you are down 2 or 3 pounds instantly, it's kind of a picker-upper!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:45 AM   #193
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I guess that's why they suggest not to weigh yourself every day (but I can't help myself - I have to measure and graph such stuff )
I had heard that (about not weighing every day), and I can see that for some people it might be a mistake. However, if you can do it and not obsess over every measurement, you get a much better idea of your trend than doing it every week.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 AM   #194
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I had heard that (about not weighing every day), and I can see that for some people it might be a mistake. However, if you can do it and not obsess over every measurement, you get a much better idea of your trend than doing it every week.
I do like doing it, and being able to follow the trends. I do obsess - I have just a smidge of OCD in my nature, I think - but the occasional swing of mania to depression is worth it for the overall consciousness of patterns of weight loss.

...and it keeps the OCD bits occupied.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #195
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My dietitian strongly advised against this as well. She told me there are too many factors that can cause your weight to fluctuate. Have you ever tried to stand on a scale before and after you've been to the toilet ? You'd be amazed how many weight you can lose instantly that way

But I do it anyway. Well, not every day. But a couple of times a week at least.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote