Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Multiple html issue - too many links and zip isn't created in calibre

I can create a file with up to 7 hyperlinks and when the file is added to Calibre it creates a zipped file. I can then convert the book to any format and the links work. Over seven hyperlinks though, and the file remains in HTML format when added to Calibre and the resulting file has no hyperlinks.

I've been testing this for two days and still haven't found a work around. I zipping the files together manually and converting but the chapters aren't in any particular order. I also tried zipping the single file with the hyperlinks in it but no hyperlinks are created when I convert the file.

I tested this by created 10 files with one additional hyperlink per file. All were zip files until I hit number 7. I had been randomly getting files with hyperlinks and some without and was trying to determine the common thread. I experimented with a variety of files, number of links, output type, etc. I finally noticed the zip VS html file that Calibre was creating.

Anyone else experiment with this to see if they have the same issue when using a number of hyperlinks?

Katelyn
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That shouldn't be happening, open a ticket and attach the source files both the index and all the linked to files
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert