Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
PRS-T1 Annotations Exporter

I wrote a small tool for exporting annotations from the T1 to HTML.

It supports:
- Highlights (text selection)
- Text annotations (text selection + typed note)
- Drawing annotations (text selection + painted note)

It DOES NOT support:
- Drawing annotations made by painting directly on a page (without text selection)

For ePub books, the original selected text can be expanded (e.g. to avoid the 200-charachters-limit).

Download (requires .NET Framework 4.0) | Source code (VS2010)

Last edited by Yoths; 06-13-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Yoths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Very nice. Now there's no need to use Reader for PC.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #3
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Very nice, indeed.

However, is there a special reason for only targeting the full .Net Framework with the included .config file? AFAICT your application runs just as fine on computers that have only the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile installed.

BTW, if you ever decided to update your Annotations Exporter, would it be possible to add page numbers (from the column "page" of the table "annotations" in books.db)?

And thank you again for another reason to finally ditch Reader for PC.
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
Le_Tigre
Le_Tigre began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
i like your move.

though it only exports the truncated the prs-t1 stores in its sql database.

but i guess it would be too much work to compare and complete them via the books on the device...
Le_Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
it would be every cool to have this in a linux-version... (mono??)
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
char limit

congrats! very nice.
No possible to clear the char limit? I am using firebug on ffox to manually edit the truncated highlights, but i find it quite ridicolous for a non DRMed ebook!

Thanks anyway and nice job!
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
Yoths
Enthusiast
Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yoths is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

A new version is available (links in the first post are updated).

What's new:
- Page number is exported
- The 200-charachters-limit can be avoided by expanding the original selected text (for ePub books only)

The avoiding the 200-charachters-limit may have some bugs since SONYs way to point a text position is very ugly (thanks to snarkophilus for giving me hints to decrypt it). So feel free to post here if you find a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taos View Post
is there a special reason for only targeting the full .Net Framework
The full .Net Framework is required by some third-party assemblies I use (e.g. the ListView control)
Old 03-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Le_Tigre

this is great! thanx!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
Le_Tigre

but i think the annotation format is the one ade is using - so it aint that "ugly". its the standard, epub3 intended to agree on - until it was set asside to include annotations directly with social networking.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #10
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoths View Post
The avoiding the 200-charachters-limit may have some bugs since SONYs way to point a text position is very ugly (thanks to snarkophilus for giving me hints to decrypt it). So feel free to post here if you find a problem.
That's a tease! I got close to understanding but never could make the numbers add up. Can you write up the details of how to decrypt those text positions?

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
Yoths
Enthusiast

snarkophilus
That's not a tease! Your post helped me a lot!

To the decryption details:

I figured out the following rules:
- Nodes which type is not "Element" or "Text" are ignored
- Outside of the <html> node, numbers after slash represent the count of first level children
- Inside of the <html> node and outside of an <p> node, numbers after slash represent the count of first level children and their "inner xml" blocks (or simply the double count of first level children)
- Inside of the <html> node and inside of an <p> node, numbers after slash represent the count of first level children
- The number after colon is byte offset in utf8-encoded text node, but if the text contains Windows formated line breaks (\r\n), they must be counted as one character insted of two.

Sometimes I've seen the following behavior:
- If you select text at the begin of an paragraph, not the corresponding text node with offset 0 is pointed but the parent node.
- If you select text at the end of an paragraph, not the corresponding text node with the corresponding offset is pointed but the next node.
- If you select text at the end of the last paragraph of the book, not the corresponding text node with the corresponding offset is pointed but the not existing (!!!) node behind the last one.

Last edited by Yoths; 03-26-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #12
Yoths
Enthusiast

A new version is available (links in the first post are updated).

What's new:
- marginal bugfixes
Old 03-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
enitro
Enthusiast
enitro began at the beginning.

Could you please post source code so i can expand it.

Thanks.
enitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #14
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
Thanks again!
2 questions:
could the char limit be removed for pdf files too?
i am stuck at the following error message, when exporting my highlights:

-error getting extended annotation info: Name cannot begin with the " character, hexadecimal value 0x20. Line 24, position 5546

I don't get this error if i deselect the expand mark text option

Thanks again!
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
glukkon
glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glukkon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1
Thank you, this a very great tool!

I am getting a similar error if I select the expand mark text option:
Error getting extended annotation info: An error occurred while parsing EnityName. Line 98, position 92.
glukkon is offline   Reply With Quote