Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #46
ckole
Edge User

Is there a way to save the epub content generated from web content?

Also where are you folks downloading Pandora from?

I am looking forward to the improved battery life which will make me more motivated to take my eDGe on the road.

Last edited by ckole; 05-25-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #47
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckole View Post
Also where are you folks downloading Pandora from?
I found version 1.2.1 here.

Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #48
rcool
Edge User

Update an improvement

The update was very good in that, as others have mentioned, we don't need to turn our eDGe off, but can just close the cover. The touch on the LCD screen is like it should be now! Others will like other features, and whoever is responsible should be congratulated!

A problem I'm still having, and I'm not a typical user, is that I play the Frozen Bubble game, and sometimes it is just so SLOW it's unplayable. I think this is when I don't power off, such as with the recent upgrade. Hope they can do more investigation and fix this in a future upgrade.

I was hoping I might be able to do some programming, even without the SDK, but it's too complicated for this old guy. My hat's off to those that can!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #49
robot
Edge User

Wi-Fi doesn't want to reconnect sometimes. And hard-switch doesn't help. Only disabling and re-enabling WIFI in edge settings menu -- help to restore connection.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #50
PonMan
Edge User

Cool File Manager apk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Not sure what the new "File Manager" app is. However, my ES File Explorer that I previously installed now crashes when I launch it, and under Applications there's no uninstall button. I'll have to try reinstalling from the APK...
Borisb - The new file manager app is actually ES file explorer 1.4 but with a few modifications for the eDGe specifically. I have reproduced your issue with 1.3.5 not successfully upgrading to 1.4(esi version). The workaround is to reinstall the APK. If you click the following link you should be able to re-install our enTourage version. ESI File Manager

Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #51
ckole
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
You're referring to the web-to-eInk, right?

The files the eDGe generates from web pages are stored in Internal Storage \ public \ web_epaper_docs. You can get there via the Library (switching the location to "Storage"), or via the new ES File Explorer (in which case the path is /sdcard/public/web_epaper_docs).
Great I will poke around. Can you add it to the library to then give you all the benefits of doing so? Annotations, highlighting, etc.?

I need to dedicate some more time to the device. Been busy doing other stuff and need to figure out phase II content for my site.

Good progress and I look forward to future updates.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #52
kenjennings
Edge User

The YouTube app is awesome.

The accuracy of the onscreen keyboard is phenomenal.

The legendary programming skills of the legendary entourage programmers is the stuff of legend. (Watching movies with my kid, so I robbed dialog from Kung Fu Panda. Sorry.)

None of my test video files from ripping DVDs play any better. I was waiting for this update before testing all the video/audio combinations. Now that I found the matrix of supported playback formats on the Android programming site I can eliminate a number of possibilities. Maybe I'll have time to work on this over the long weekend.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #53
cheyennedonna
Edge User

The touchscreen fix lets me draw, I was hoping it would fix that. And the Skyfire browser attempts to play the videos now, you can hear them and they are in the background(behind the loading screen) unfortunately they never fully load.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #54
ChrisF
Edge User

Overall it is a good update

My initial reaction was: The update broke more then it fixed. But then I kept playing with it until I finally got my ES file Explorer to work again by reinstalling it. I am still unable to uninstall this silly minesweeper game, and the camera apps will not open. The Youtube app does not register an intent to play inbedded and/or linked youtube videos, but it does allow me to steam the video when I don't want to actually download it with tubedroid.

I like that the default keyboard now has a connected dictionary, especially because thinkkeys stopped working a few days ago.
Opening webpages on the eink side is very cool, but it seems that on most internet pages I can read the page before it opens.
The hibernate mode has worked very well so far and I cannot wait to give it a proper trial tomorrow.
The biggest plus side is definitely an incredible improvement on the LCD touch response so Kudos to the developer who worked on that aspect.

LCD touch response and No more Phantom touches on LCD
MineSweeper game application

Old 05-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #55
alefor
Edge User

Hibernate Mode--- My eDGe wasnt happy waking up from the "Sleep" mode. Interestingly, when I opened the device (after it was "asleep" for 1hr), the track ball light was not on, but the green power light (on the switch) was still on. Nothing would wake it up (keys on the LCD side, etc). I pushed the power switch to turn it off, tried turning it on.... and nothing. Again, when I pushed the power switch the track ball light never came on. I removed the battery for 30 seconds, and then it was OK.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:01 AM   #56
robot
Edge User

alefor, it's old bug and seems they didn't fix it. Send it to tech support for investigation.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:32 AM   #57
Snow
Edge User

I'm rather addicted to that Minesweeper app...

Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #58
xavier
Edge User

Well done!! Personally I dowloaded the update in a Mc Donald and now it is awesome!!! Even the place of the camera and the quality of video is not so good for the future for videoconference it will be enough.
If we had an other camera on the other side we will be able to have so Augmented reality app and game but that's life!!!

Congratulation EE team you rock!!!! Good job!!! Customer highly satisfied

Old 05-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #59
DAW
Edge User

I sure would like some help with this -- it looks like the software update installed a Minesweeper game. Trouble is, I had previously installed the aiMinesweeper 3.2.1 (Artful Bits) -- it was highly recommended on the forum, I tried it, and it worked great -- and the "new" Minesweeper crippled the old one. Now, even though the icon is there for Minesweeper it won't start, can't uninstall the system version, and can't reinstall the one I put on! Is the Minesweeper that came with the software update related to the one I put on manually? Is this fixable?

Old 05-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #60
walt526
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW View Post
I sure would like some help with this -- it looks like the software update installed a Minesweeper game. Trouble is, I had previously installed the aiMinesweeper 3.2.1 (Artful Bits) -- it was highly recommended on the forum, I tried it, and it worked great -- and the "new" Minesweeper crippled the old one. Now, even though the icon is there for Minesweeper it won't start, can't uninstall the system version, and can't reinstall the one I put on! Is the Minesweeper that came with the software update related to the one I put on manually? Is this fixable?
Try this:

Click on "Settings"
Select "Applications"
Select "Manage applications"
Click the "Menu" button (physical)
Select "Filter"
Select "Third-party"
Select "ArtfulBits aiMinesweeper"

Can you uninstall that one?