Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Multi-Level Table of Contents

Are there any readers that support multi-level table of contents. I learned yesterday that the nook and the kindle do not.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
FBreader on Android does.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
pocketbook pro models too!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
If I understand what you mean with 'multi-level TOC', then SONY Readers do.

I have plenty of epubs with multi-level TOCs on my PRS350 and PRS950 and they all seem to work perfectly.

But I wonder if I misunderstood your question. Seems to be too basic of a feature for other devices not to support it...
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Assuming I know what you mean, my wife's NookColor supports it fine. On my stuff the Nook App, The Kindle App, FBReader, etc all do also. So not sure what you mean?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
The excellent, but defunct, Astak Pocket Pro has not only multi level TOC (Table of Contents) but also multi level folders for sorting books.

The "cheap" ebook (LCD) I bought for my husband doesn't even have single level folders or TOC. He has to scroll through pages of books to find the next one he want to read. And forget TOC. He would have to "go to page number" to skip ahead.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
my Sony PRS-650 supports at least 4 levels in any TOC...

I have no ebook with more, so I do not know about 5 or more levels ...
Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:51 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Assuming I know what you mean, my wife's NookColor supports it fine. On my stuff the Nook App, The Kindle App, FBReader, etc all do also. So not sure what you mean?
No, the Kindle App does not. The Mobipocket file format, which the Kindle uses, doesn't support multi-level TOCs.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:26 AM   #9
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, the Kindle App does not. The Mobipocket file format, which the Kindle uses, doesn't support multi-level TOCs.
Then I do not know what you mean because I use the Kindle app to read the HCSB, and it has multiple levels in the TOC. That is I click book, then I get a next level which has chapters broken out.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Then I do not know what you mean because I use the Kindle app to read the HCSB, and it has multiple levels in the TOC. That is I click book, then I get a next level which has chapters broken out.
Those are internal hyperlinks within the book; not a "table of contents" in the Mobipocket sense.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote