Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Managing My Cloud

For a while, I was using Calibre to upload issues of newspapers and magazines to my kindle via the amazon cloud. I don't do that anymore, but there are hundreds of editions of documents on the cloud. It looks like I can delete these one at a time managing my kindle. Is there a way to do this en masse? Delete all Boston Globe editions from my cloud?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
The bookmarklet described in this post by thomass will delete a page at a time.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm afraid I'm too stupid to use that information. I made a bookmark on my desktop with that url, loaded a page with documents, and double clicked it. Nothing happened. Can you dumb it down for me?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I made a bookmark on my desktop with that url
you should create a bookmark in your web browser:youtube

Last edited by thomass; 05-19-2012 at 10:46 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
I'm afraid I'm too stupid to use that information. I made a bookmark on my desktop with that url, loaded a page with documents, and double clicked it. Nothing happened. Can you dumb it down for me?
Desktop? Make a bookmark in your web browser. I simply edited an old bookmark, changing the title and pasting the code as the URL. I use Firefox, but I believe it works with others.

Click on Personal Documents in Kindle Library on your Manage My Kindle page.

Search for Boston Globe or whatever you want to delete.

Click on the bookmark you created.

Rinse and repeat.

If you don't want newspapers and other stuff you email your kindle to end up archived in future, turn of the Personal Documents archiving under the Personal Documents Settings section of Your Kindle Account.

p.s. I had to google what a bookmarklet was when I wanted to use this a few months ago, since I hadn't a clue either.

Last edited by Synamon; 05-19-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: hey thomass, thanks for the shortcut
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #6
wizwor
Wizard

OK. Thanks. I'm a little less stupid this morning. My IE security settings would not let me run the script (from the desktop or as a bookmark in the browser). I installed Chrome and this works great.

Everyone can go to sleep now