Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #61
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Galaxy Note 8, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-600
Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin update v1.2.1

New version v1.2.1 of the Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin has been posted with a minor update.
  • 1.2.1 August 4, 2011 Minor update to use better default values for library query (i.e. default query will execute without error and is specific to the context)

After reviewing the previous update, I didn't like the default value I chose for the new library query feature. With this update, the default should be more reasonable, and is specific to the type of use (i.e. Books ist vs. Unread Books collection).

Here are a couple of extracts from the docs with a little more information...
  • Books list: The default expression is "tags:=reading". This assumes you wish the books list to include books you have tagged with value "reading", indicating you are currently reading them. If you track such books using a custom "Yes/No" column instead, the correct expression might be "#reading:yes". Of course, only you know how your library is organized, and you may use the books list for other purposes, so the default is just an educated (perhaps) guess.
  • Unread Books collection: The default expression is "not (tags:=read or tags:=reading)". This assumes you wish the unread collection to exclude books you have tagged with values "read" or "reading", indicating you have read or are currently reading them. If you track such books using custom "Yes/No" columns instead, the correct expression might be "not (#read:yes or #reading:yes)". Same qualifier as in the previous bullet...

You shouldn't notice anything else different besides the default.
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:25 AM   #62
MisterMoonlight
MisterMoonlight is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-350
Seems not to work for last version

Hi

I have installed latest version and using a PRS-350. I have configured nothing but default. When i select 3 books and try to send the book list, i am getting an exception:

calibre, version 0.8.14
ERROR: Exception non gérée: <b>KeyError</b>:'Par d\xc3\xa9faut'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.ManageSonyX50BookList.action" , line 186, in setBooksList
File "calibre_plugins.ManageSonyX50BookList.action" , line 213, in manageBooks
File "calibre_plugins.ManageSonyX50BookList.action" , line 250, in handleUI
File "calibre_plugins.ManageSonyX50BookList.action" , line 434, in getBooksListProfile
KeyError: 'Par d\xc3\xa9faut'

Do you have any idea of what can cause this?

Thanks

N.B. i am getting the exception also when i am trying to configure the plugins...

I have running under win xp sp3. My 350 has latest firmware...
MisterMoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #63
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Hi MisterMoonlight,

It looks like the problem you're having is language related. I've only tested the plugin in English, and it looks like it's having a problem with the non-English profile name.

I think I should be able to replicate this easily enough, so I'll try to find a fix. If I have trouble duplicating the error, I'll get back to ask some more questions.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #64
MisterMoonlight

You are probably right, i am running it in french...

Very usefull pluging. I hope to use it soon.

Thanks for your help
Old 08-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #65
kpw
Connoisseur

Hello MisterMoonlight,

I think I've got the problem you were running into fixed up. The plugin seems to be working alright in my environment, in any case. I want to do some more testing before I officially release it, but I'll post it here in case you'd like to try it out a little early

If you do have a chance to try it out, please let me know if things work OK for you or not.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ManageSonyX50BookList_plugin.zip (45.6 KB, 288 views)
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #66
kpw
Connoisseur

Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin update v1.2.2

New version v1.2.2 of the Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin has been posted with the following update:
  • 1.2.2 August 20, 2011 Fix plugin so that it handles user input that includes accented character (or any non-English text).
Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #67
MisterMoonlight

Does not seems to handle date correctly

I have tried the new version, the bug reported earlier is now solved. But it seems that it cannot handle date correctly. The 3 books i have choosen was updated with 8/18/2011 date, but there was 2 other books with the 8/19/2011 date that messed things in the books lists. What i don't understand is that the current date on my system is 8/21/2011 and same on my reader, so where did it get the 8/18/2011 date for book dates???

Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #68
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMoonlight View Post
I have tried the new version, the bug reported earlier is now solved. But it seems that it cannot handle date correctly. The 3 books i have choosen was updated with 8/18/2011 date, but there was 2 other books with the 8/19/2011 date that messed things in the books lists. What i don't understand is that the current date on my system is 8/21/2011 and same on my reader, so where did it get the 8/18/2011 date for book dates???
The way things should work is that the books you choose will get assigned timestamps relative to the book with the latest timestamp on your reader. So if you had books dated 8/18 before running the plugin action, the books you choose will get assigned dates a little greater than that (in 2 minute increments). That should put them at the top of the list. I do it this way to avoid depending on the computer date/time since that can easily be out of sync with the device (I used to use the computer date and had lots of problems with that).

In your case, it sounds like you ended up with timestamps being assigned an 8/18 value, but there were other books dated 8/19. That would mean the 8/19 dated books will show up on the list before the ones you chose. So the question is, why didn't the 8/19 date get used as the reference date?

I think to debug this, I'll need to get a copy of your "media.xml" file from your device so I can try and figure out what is happening. If you don't mind, can I get you to PM that file to me? Also, can you let me know which books you selected to appear on the Books List as well, so I can compare the dates on those entries relative to the others.

Thanks.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #69
MisterMoonlight

Ok

I PM you the media.xml files with details in 2 messages to avoid the length limitation of the forum...

Thanks
Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #70
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
I PM you the media.xml files with details in 2 messages to avoid the length limitation of the forum...
Thanks for the files. I'll be honest and say that so far I'm still scratching my head over this. But I haven't given up, and I assume all will make perfect sense once I figure it out (I'm just not there yet ).

I've got a few more questions that might help (I'm grasping at straws a little with some, so please forgive me if some questions sound a little silly):
  • Is the problem happening consistently? If you try the same scenario again, do you get the same results?
  • What platform are you running Calibre on (e.g. Windows/Mac/Linux)?
  • Have all the books on your device been added using Calibre (i.e. vs. ADE, file system, Sony Library)?
  • With regard to the snapshot of books represented in the media.xml file, were all books added before running the plugin action? Were any books deleted since running the action? I'm trying to rationalize the Aug 18 timestamps...

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:01 AM   #71
MisterMoonlight

Quote:
* Is the problem happening consistently? If you try the same scenario again, do you get the same results?
Yes and it is never working. I have added new books and refresh my reader and it still does not work...

Quote:
* What platform are you running Calibre on (e.g. Windows/Mac/Linux)?
Windows XP

Quote:
* Have all the books on your device been added using Calibre (i.e. vs. ADE, file system, Sony Library)?
Only calibre was used for all the books and nothing else

Quote:
* With regard to the snapshot of books represented in the media.xml file, were all books added before running the plugin action? Were any books deleted since running the action? I'm trying to rationalize the Aug 18 timestamps...
I am not sure for this one, but i will send you a new media file i have just done after doing a complete refresh of the books in the reader. The same books i selected are at the complete end of the list.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #72
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
I am not sure for this one, but i will send you a new media file i have just done after doing a complete refresh of the books in the reader. The same books i selected are at the complete end of the list.
I got the new media.xml file, and, as you suggested, it looks like the action is not actually making any updates to the file. That would explain why it isn't behaving the way it should. But I still need to figure out why it is happening.

I'll post a special version of the plugin soon with some extra debug prints so I can trace what is happening. I'll do that later today.

In the mean time though, I'll just get the obvious out of the way with a couple more questions (just to rule them out):
  • When you run the action, do you get a confirmation dialog? You should see a dialog appear that lists the books that were chosen for the Books List. If you're not seeing the dialog, that might imply that the action is running into a problem and terminating early, before it makes any updates.
  • Are you selecting books for the action from the Device book list? When you select books from Calibre for the Books List, you need to select them from the Device list and not from the usual Library list. The Device list shows books on the device while the Library list shows books in the Calibre library on your PC. If you happen to try selecting from the Library list, you should see an error dialog (or maybe it's a warning) that tells you to try from the Device list instead. I suspect you're doing the right thing and selecting from the right list, but just want to rule out the obvious...

Thanks again, and sorry for the problems you're seeing.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #73
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpw View Post
I'll post a special version of the plugin soon with some extra debug prints so I can trace what is happening. I'll do that later today.
Here's the special debug version of the plugin. Can I ask you to install this one and try the action out again? It will write extra trace messages to the console so that I can see what the code is doing (and if there are any internal errors it is encountering, I should see those too).

To get the trace output, you'll need to run Calibre in "debug mode" so that it captures the console output. To do that, run the following command from a Windows command line window:
calibre-debug -g >output.txt 2>&1
After running the action and shutting down Calibre, you should see a file called "output.txt" in the directory you ran from that will have the trace captured. Please send that file to me and hopefully that will give me enough to figure out what is going on.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ManageSonyX50BookList_plugin.zip (45.9 KB, 287 views)
Old 08-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #74
MisterMoonlight

About bug

Quote:
* When you run the action, do you get a confirmation dialog? You should see a dialog appear that lists the books that were chosen for the Books List. If you're not seeing the dialog, that might imply that the action is running into a problem and terminating early, before it makes any updates.
Yes i can see the confirmation dialog with the 3 books i selected saying that they are the one choosen for the list. It is just like it is not able to write to the reader file for an obscured reason...
I cannot see any error message, the plugin seems to think all the job was done correctly...

Quote:
* Are you selecting books for the action from the Device book list? When you select books from Calibre for the Books List, you need to select them from the Device list and not from the usual Library list. The Device list shows books on the device while the Library list shows books in the Calibre library on your PC. If you happen to try selecting from the Library list, you should see an error dialog (or maybe it's a warning) that tells you to try from the Device list instead. I suspect you're doing the right thing and selecting from the right list, but just want to rule out the obvious...
I am selecting the books from the device list, because from calibre library, the plugins gives an error (i have made an error a couple of time)...

Thanks
Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #75
MisterMoonlight

Quote:
Here's the special debug version of the plugin. Can I ask you to install this one and try the action out again? It will write extra trace messages to the console so that I can see what the code is doing (and if there are any internal errors it is encountering, I should see those too).
I will try it and report the result later today

Thanks