Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-09-2018, 08:02 AM   #1
therazorsedge
therazorsedge began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
Hello From Cuba

Hello From Cuba
Just joined this forum and have a question regarding downloading eBook covers. I live in Cuba, a Canadian but retired. I have just spent the last two months building my eBook library including, correcting all book titles, authors, tags, formats to one only epub and downloading covers. My question is how is it possible to let the download know I only want English covers. I have been getting a mix of Spanish and English covers probably because the servers think that because I am Cuba, that is what I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Of all the things I have lost in life, I miss my mind the most.
therazorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
What software are you using?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
therazorsedge

As the tag says Calibre 3.25 and Windows 8
Old 06-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #4
therazorsedge

I am surprised that nobody has an answer to this problem. Surely I am not the first person in the world to have come upon this anomaly.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:24 AM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by therazorsedge View Post
I am surprised that nobody has an answer to this problem. Surely I am not the first person in the world to have come upon this anomaly.
Most likely because you have posted a question about calibre in a forum for Apple devices.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Most likely because you have posted a question about calibre in a forum for Apple devices.
Yea, not a lot of windows expertise here. Plus, I'm not sure what the OP meant by "as his tag said". I don't see any tag, though his device is listed as an iPad Air 2.

As far as Calibre goes, I would recommend going to edit metadata, download cover and view log. That should at least tell you how it's querying the various servers. You can go to preferences and select metadata download. That will give you a list of metadata sources. Select each of the sources and click configure selected source. Most of them have a country website to use, change that to Canada or the US.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #7
therazorsedge

Calibre 3.25 and Spanish Book Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Yea, not a lot of windows expertise here. Plus, I'm not sure what the OP meant by "as his tag said". I don't see any tag, though his device is listed as an iPad Air 2.

As far as Calibre goes, I would recommend going to edit metadata, download cover and view log. That should at least tell you how it's querying the various servers. You can go to preferences and select metadata download. That will give you a list of metadata sources. Select each of the sources and click configure selected source. Most of them have a country website to use, change that to Canada or the US.
I posted here because someone in this forum suggest I do. My mistake however if not running Calibre 3.25 on an Apple product is a sin here. I have iTunes on my windows pc and use is to put what I want on my iPad. I have reviewed the logs and they tell me nothing about how the different servers decide on the cover to download and unfortunately I cannot specify to download all covers found. The search seems to find one and is happy and moves to the next author and book title in the list.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #8
therazorsedge

Changing Country For Metadata Search Engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post

Thanks for that suggestion. I will try it and see what happens.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #9
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by therazorsedge View Post
I posted here because someone in this forum suggest I do. My mistake however if not running Calibre 3.25 on an Apple product is a sin here.
There is a separate subforum here on MobileRead for questions relating to calibre. This subforum on Apple devices gets a lot less traffic.

You are more likely to get an answer if you ask in the right place.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre 3.25, filter, language