Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2020, 04:18 PM   #46
havire
havire began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can anybody help me?

I've installed Calibre and Python. When I ran the program, I got the error message as below.

Can anybody help me fix the problem?

C:\Users\park>C:\Users\park\Desktop\wisecreator_ex ecutables\wisecreator.exe manual.mobi
[.] Checking dependenices
'ebook-convert' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 395, in <module>
File "main.py", line 283, in main
File "main.py", line 265, in check_dependencies
File "subprocess.py", line 336, in check_output
File "subprocess.py", line 418, in run
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'ebook-convert --version' returned non-zero exit status 1.
[12648] Failed to execute script main
havire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:07 PM   #47
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Calibre isn't in your PATH (or however that works on Windows)?

(Warning: random drive-by comment, I've never used this, even less so on Windows).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:19 PM   #48
Aboyaman
Enthusiast
Aboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enoughAboyaman will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite1
Would someone help me with solution..Im using Elementary Os..Thanks

kadahawa@kadahawa-desktop:~/Documents/Wordwise creator$ ./wisecreator GO.mobi
[.] Converting mobi 2 mobi to generate ASIN
File "/usr/bin/ebook-convert", line 20, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/conversion/cli.py", line 391, in main
plumber.run()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1088, in run
accelerators, tdir)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 245, in __call__
log, accelerators)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plugins/mobi_input.py", line 23, in convert
from calibre.ebooks.mobi.reader.mobi6 import MobiReader
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/mobi6.py", line 24, in <module>
from calibre.utils.img import save_cover_data_to
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/utils/img.py", line 18, in <module>
from PyQt5.QtGui import QColor, QImage, QImageReader, QImageWriter, QPixmap, QTransform
ImportError: /tmp/_MEIrakN6b/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpng16.so.16)
[-] Failed to convert mobi 2 mobi:
| Command 'ebook-convert "/home/kadahawa/Documents/Wordwise creator/GO.mobi" "/home/kadahawa/Documents/Wordwise creator/GO-WordWised/GO.mobi"' returned non-zero exit status 1
kadahawa@kadahawa-desktop:~/Documents/Wordwise creator$

Last edited by Aboyaman; 02-23-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Aboyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:50 PM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Step 1: Follow the directions.
That is, install the missing version of zlib.

Step 2: You probably have not yet installed the complete set of packages for building the software you are interested in.
There are many articles on how to do software development.
Just ask Google and follow those directions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #50
xnohat
xnohat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Based on this script, I have created another script to generate wordwise for any type of ebook

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...49#post3964149
xnohat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:44 AM   #51
Trakost
Trakost began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'm not able to use the executable in Windows: when I put "wisecreator.exe PATH", the cmd says "checking for dependenecis > wrong path to book". Why this? The path leads to the .mobi file in Calibre library, so I don't understand the error...
Trakost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:15 AM   #52
Trakost
Trakost began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakost View Post
I'm not able to use the executable in Windows: when I put "wisecreator.exe PATH", the cmd says "checking for dependenecis > wrong path to book". Why this? The path leads to the .mobi file in Calibre library, so I don't understand the error...
Sorry, I was not able to edit the message (can't find any button); however, I fixed the problem: the path and the book name had spaces in their names (C:/[...]/Biblioteca di Calibre/[...]), that's why the book path resulted wrong.
To avoid the error, I renamed the book file eliminating the spaces, Iput the .exe in the book path, opened the cmd there and finally used "wisecreator.exe bookname.mobi" and it worked!

Now, just one last question: is there a way to set the words level with the .exe, in order to avoid too many suggestions? When I open the mobi with my kindle, it says I can adjust the word level, but actually it doesn't work.
Trakost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:36 AM   #53
duongqw
duongqw began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakost View Post
Sorry, I was not able to edit the message (can't find any button); however, I fixed the problem: the path and the book name had spaces in their names (C:/[...]/Biblioteca di Calibre/[...]), that's why the book path resulted wrong.
To avoid the error, I renamed the book file eliminating the spaces, Iput the .exe in the book path, opened the cmd there and finally used "wisecreator.exe bookname.mobi" and it worked!

Now, just one last question: is there a way to set the words level with the .exe, in order to avoid too many suggestions? When I open the mobi with my kindle, it says I can adjust the word level, but actually it doesn't work.
I have the same question with you, i can change the wordwise level, did you solve out this problem ?
duongqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #54
havire
havire began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smile

As a non-english user, I had the same problem. I guess the easiest solution is to change the system locale. It's very likely that your windows runs on system locale other than english.

Just change the system locale to english, reboot the computer and run the script. You will probably have no problem.

How to change the system locale... you can google it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanalee View Post
I can not solve this problem for myself.
I will give up.

C:\Program Files\calibre portable\Calibre Portable\Calibre>wisecreator.exe "C:\Program Files\calibre portable\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library\Bernard Shaw\Pygmalion (2)\Pygmalion - Bernard Shaw.mobi"
[.] Converting mobi 2 mobi to generate ASIN
C:\Program Files\calibre portable\Calibre Portable\Calibre\app\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py: 601: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
[.] Getting ASIN
[.] Getting rawml content of the book
[.] Collecting words
[.] Count of words: 26241
File "main.py", line 395, in <module>
File "main.py", line 359, in main
UnicodeDecodeError: 'cp949' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 6708: illegal multibyte sequence
[1528] Failed to execute script main
havire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
word wise