Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2023, 06:23 AM   #1786
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,120
Karma: 1954138
Join Date: Aug 2015
Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmmm.... How are you planning on reading the file without opening it. Do you mean without opening it in a viewer? As for doing this automatically? If/when the plugin is created, hopefully it will work with Action Chains.
Action Chains (coupled with Editor Chains) can already do something like this. Editor Chains has an action called "Tag Actions" which allow the user to use criteria to locate tags. So for example, a user can use to search for all h1,h2,h3 tags with a class called "toc", and then count these tags, after which "Action Chains" can update a custom column with the count. Attached below is the two chains that implement this solution (I left out specifying a class name and only specified tag names, you can add yourself with whatever criteria you wish).

As for counting TOC entries, that is also trivial with "Action Chains", although it needs a couple of python lines. Counting toc entries might not be as useful and has its own pitfalls as some have already point out. Also attached below is a chain that implements this solution.

For both solutions you will have to configure the chain to choose the right column name you want to update.

Edit: The first solution also gives the opportunity to exclude or include tags based on their text (regex), so can only add tag the have the names chapter of part, or the tag that end or start with digit, and so on.

Edit2: zip files for the chains are move to these posts: Count headers, Count ToC

Last edited by capink; 11-16-2023 at 09:48 PM. Reason: remove attatchments
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 06:21 PM   #1787
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 1,056
Karma: 6422750
Join Date: Sep 2020
Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
wheee!

I'm using that one. Just did some tests and found the chain to take around 1:55 on Balanced Power Mode (laptop with I7 cpu) or 1:40 on High Performance, for each 100 epubs. Search can be simply #toc_nodes:0 or #toc_nodes:1, to find books with "no ToC".
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2023, 12:38 PM   #1788
FredMir
Junior Member
FredMir began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2020
Device: kobo aura
Annotations leading to the text in the book

Hi,
is there a way to visualize in the book an annotation I have made (for example by clicking on the annotation in Calibre I would be able to read it in the book at the right page) ?

Thx
FredM
FredMir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 11:27 AM   #1789
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with othersjbaumann plays well with others
 
Posts: 106
Karma: 2724
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
I asked this question already, nearly 2 years ago:

"Is there a way to configure calibre to copy each book in two different formats e.g., AZW3 and EPUB? I would like to switch between the native reading app and koreader whenever I'd like."

Since I never got an answer to the question I assume this isn't possbile with calibre itself. Wouldn't the be a nice idea for a plug-in?

Cheers, Joachim
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 02:04 PM   #1790
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 29,995
Karma: 57259778
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Central Coast of California
Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Configure (and use )
Preferences: Save to disk

The save (floppy) icon is on the toobar

While that works for saving to any EXTERNAL of the Library, you may not reap the other benefits of Calibres on the fly transfer.

BTW this has been there forever
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2023, 10:03 PM   #1791
solacecai
Junior Member
solacecai began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Dec 2023
Device: none
Tag Priority

I would love to have a plugin that will let me sort the Tags column by priority.
I guess it would be easier to explain with an example.

Book 1: Fantasy, Juvenile Fiction
Book 2: Juvenile Fiction, Suspense
Book 3: Historical Fiction, Juvenile Fiction

I need to be able to make the Tag Field (for each book) list "Juvenile Fiction" first, regardless of where it falls alphabetically, then the other tags. So I need a plugin that would let me set certain tags as Primary, then the others as secondary.
solacecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 10:24 AM   #1792
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light
 
Posts: 161
Karma: 12092
Join Date: May 2014
Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by solacecai View Post
Tag Priority

I would love to have a plugin that will let me sort the Tags column by priority.
I guess it would be easier to explain with an example.

Book 1: Fantasy, Juvenile Fiction
Book 2: Juvenile Fiction, Suspense
Book 3: Historical Fiction, Juvenile Fiction

I need to be able to make the Tag Field (for each book) list "Juvenile Fiction" first, regardless of where it falls alphabetically, then the other tags. So I need a plugin that would let me set certain tags as Primary, then the others as secondary.
The Tags display alphabetically. You could have "A - Juvenile Fiction" to bring it to the top. Or you can try various symbols like @, •, or >, and see if they sort the way you want.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 08:45 PM   #1793
Whallup
Member
Whallup began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2020
Device: none
It would be great if Empty Books were able to link to an internal Calibre search, rather than a file.

The benefit of this would give us a visual representation in the Cover Grid of a tag, author, or user category such as genre.
Whallup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:00 PM   #1794
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 20,696
Karma: 26966376
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whallup View Post
It would be great if Empty Books were able to link to an internal Calibre search, rather than a file.
What is Empty Books?

Other than formats:false?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:25 PM   #1795
Whallup
Member
Whallup began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2020
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
What is Empty Books?

Other than formats:false?

BR
It's an book entry without a file associated. The drop down next to Add Books (at the top) described it as "Add Empty Book"

I found that I can create a shortcut file to the calibre link, add that file to this book, set an image and use that to open searches.

It works out great to have a visual link within my cover grid. I can open up series from a "book", view an author by clicking on their photo, or use it to visually drill through my genres.

This method is just a bit clunky, and wondered if a plugin might streamline this a bit.
Whallup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 12:43 AM   #1796
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 20,696
Karma: 26966376
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Device: none
That sounds unnecessarily elaborate to me, or I'm missing the point.

If a book has no cover, the cover grid shows a blank area with the title and author, click in it and the book details are shown.

If you don't like the blank blue curlicue cover in book details, override it by putting a 1200x1600px transparent png named default_cover.png in the <calibre-config>/resources/images folder.

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-23-2023 at 04:30 AM. Reason: clarity
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 06:08 AM   #1797
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 11,795
Karma: 7029971
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Notts, England
Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whallup View Post
It's an book entry without a file associated. The drop down next to Add Books (at the top) described it as "Add Empty Book"

I found that I can create a shortcut file to the calibre link, add that file to this book, set an image and use that to open searches.

It works out great to have a visual link within my cover grid. I can open up series from a "book", view an author by clicking on their photo, or use it to visually drill through my genres.

This method is just a bit clunky, and wondered if a plugin might streamline this a bit.
I might be confused about what you want to do, but it seems that the links and/or notes features do this.

You create calibre search links and apply them to the author or series or what-have-you in your empty book.

You can create notes for authors, create an "empty" authors notes book, then apply the authors with notes to that book. Same for series. The author name(s) in the book are search links.

Both the links and notes buttons appear in book details and (soon) in the tag browser.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 10:58 AM   #1798
Whallup
Member
Whallup began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2020
Device: none
Sorry for the confusion. I hope this screen shot helps explain.

My biography books are all sorted in sub genres, rather than having to go through the side hierarchical list, I can navigate through the sub genres within the cover grid. Double clicking one of those "books" takes me into that specific sub genre where I can see all of the books.

The only downside to my method is that an error pops up every time it opens the shortcut file (though it does work to navigate me to where I want to go). This is where I thought a plugin might be able to streamline this better.

After redirecting me, the popup error says "failed to read book data from calibre library" which makes sense as it is a shortcut file

Click image for larger version

Name:	2IOJrkQ.png
Views:	30
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	205382

After double clicking "Actors - Directors - Entertainers"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dfn9OsW.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	205383

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-23-2023 at 03:32 PM. Reason: move inages to MR
Whallup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 11:46 AM   #1799
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 11,795
Karma: 7029971
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Notts, England
Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whallup View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I hope this screen shot helps explain.

My biography books are all sorted in sub genres, rather than having to go through the side hierarchical list, I can navigate through the sub genres within the cover grid. Double clicking one of those "books" takes me into that specific sub genre where I can see all of the books.
[...]
I don't think a plugin can practically do what you want. It would need to intercept the internal calibre open format code.

I do see at least two ways to get most of the way there.
  • In both cases, do the search you want then use right click in the search bar to get a copy of a calibre search URL for the current search.
  • Use the Action Chains plugin (my preference because no column needs to show in book details)
    • Create a custom column "Long test, like comments, not shown in the tag browser". Set "Interpret this column" as plain text. Name the column "Search" or somesuch. For each of your special books, put the appropriate search link in this field as is with no HTML.
    • Create a chain to do the search. Give the chain a keyboard shortcut to make it easy to execute. The chain command is "Open with", with the calibre program as the handler (calibre.exe). Use a template to grab the search URL from the column you made.
  • Use Book Details
    • Create a Create a custom column "Long test, like comments, not shown in the tag browser". Set "Interpret this column" as HTML. Name the column "Search" or some such. For each of your special books, put the appropriate search link in this field. Use the Comments editor to enter the link with whatever text you want.
    • In book details, click this link to do the search. You can place the link wherever you want in book details.

And of course you could the normal mechanisms. Put the tag/author/whatever on your special book. Clicking on that book opens book details where you can click on the item you applied to the book. This works well if the searches are simple.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 05:33 PM   #1800
Whallup
Member
Whallup began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2020
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I don't think a plugin can practically do what you want. It would need to intercept the internal calibre open format code.

I do see at least two ways to get most of the way there.
  • In both cases, do the search you want then use right click in the search bar to get a copy of a calibre search URL for the current search.
  • Use the Action Chains plugin (my preference because no column needs to show in book details)
    • Create a custom column "Long test, like comments, not shown in the tag browser". Set "Interpret this column" as plain text. Name the column "Search" or somesuch. For each of your special books, put the appropriate search link in this field as is with no HTML.
    • Create a chain to do the search. Give the chain a keyboard shortcut to make it easy to execute. The chain command is "Open with", with the calibre program as the handler (calibre.exe). Use a template to grab the search URL from the column you made.
  • Use Book Details
    • Create a Create a custom column "Long test, like comments, not shown in the tag browser". Set "Interpret this column" as HTML. Name the column "Search" or some such. For each of your special books, put the appropriate search link in this field. Use the Comments editor to enter the link with whatever text you want.
    • In book details, click this link to do the search. You can place the link wherever you want in book details.

And of course you could the normal mechanisms. Put the tag/author/whatever on your special book. Clicking on that book opens book details where you can click on the item you applied to the book. This works well if the searches are simple.
Thank you for the suggestion I will try it out! also thanks for the heads up on the action chains plugin, it actually solves a different issue for me as well so I'm excited to try it.
Whallup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRS-505 Any ideas what this might be? Neupy Sony Reader 4 07-03-2012 07:19 AM
New Plugin Type Idea: Library Plugin cgranade Plugins 3 09-15-2010 12:11 PM
Ideas? mike_bike_kite Which one should I buy? 10 06-13-2010 03:37 PM
Ideas F1Wild Amazon Kindle 4 07-10-2009 06:01 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.