Old 07-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
fragile
Connoisseur
fragile began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
PB 302...

Guys,

Need some clarifications:
1. Does PB302 support adobe digital editions? I don't see it listed in Adobe's page.
2. If so does it allow annotations and saving back in the book itself.
3. Will there be an 7 inch device around the corner?

Thanks.
fragile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Yes, the PB302 supports Adobe DRM.
Adobe (and Overdrive) webmaster can't really keep up with all the products using their licensed software and SDK so they are far from the last word on compatibility.

There's a 9in device coming, maybe as many as 3; no hint of a 7inch eink reader.

Last edited by fjtorres; 07-27-2010 at 09:39 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
fragile
Connoisseur

Any idea about #2:
2. If so does it allow annotations and saving back in the book itself.

Also does it allow us to make handwritten notes?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
fragile
Connoisseur

some more questions...

-> how bad is the glare? Earlier when I checked they were going to do something about the screen, can I trust that If I order this in Amazon I'll get the latest screen? The pocketbook site itself doesn't mention about any matte screen in the ordering page

-> I'm likely to purchase books like these:
http://www.mindshare.com/shop/?c=b&section=0A6B17101710

It requires a seperate plug in to handle the drm. Might also be buying from here:
http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_di...asp?IID=120563

I just want to be doubly sure that these can be handled by the PB302.

On the same note, since these are text that I'd normally be reading reflowed, once in a while when I've diagrams and tables, will it be possible to view the PDF at 100% with panning over it?

-> Does the wallcharger work in India? (we've 240V, 50hz plug points).

-> I don't see anything in the site that provides an option to buy Just the PB302 without the memory card.

Thanks for you time folks!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
fragile
Connoisseur

pb 302

Folks,
I'm at the verge of buying it, it would be very nice if someone could help out on these queries.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile View Post
-> how bad is the glare? Earlier when I checked they were going to do something about the screen, can I trust that If I order this in Amazon I'll get the latest screen? The pocketbook site itself doesn't mention about any matte screen in the ordering page
Friend of mine has purchased PocketBook 302 and it came with a matte protective foil already installed on screen. Looks very good.
There is no way to know what screen the distributor will ship to you, unless you ask the distributor. I recommend you buy from a known distributor not from ebay.
Quote:
On the same note, since these are text that I'd normally be reading reflowed, once in a while when I've diagrams and tables, will it be possible to view the PDF at 100% with panning over it?
I am not sure.
PDF is not a good format to use on a device with an e-ink screen. Too slow refresh for interactive panning.
It does have support for column view.
When you turn device to landscape view and crop margins (function accessible from inside PocketBook) you can read an A4 page. But, as I said, A4 or Letter formatted documents are not optimal for viewing on a 6" screen.
Quote:
-> Does the wallcharger work in India? (we've 240V, 50hz plug points).
The wallcharger is a generic USB charger, so it will most probably work. If not, you can easily replace it.
You might want to try to arrange with distributor to sell you device without charger and buy charger locally.

Quote:
-> I don't see anything in the site that provides an option to buy Just the PB302 without the memory card.
Try to ask specific distributor.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Hi,

We ship PB302 with a matte protective foil already installed on screen only. And we do have them in our stock (24 h delivery time).

So if you like one - you know the address where to buy it
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
We also ship PB302 with a matte protective foil already installed. We ship for free within the USA if you buy from our online store and we charge shipping on eBay and Amazon.

The charger that comes with the device works for 100-240V.

It is not possible to buy PB302 without a memory card since it is a part of the package sold by PocketBook USA.

Thanks,
Tatiana
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Either of those two sellers come with a PocketBook seal of approval, so the choice is up to you!

And guys: You're both the best there is. Honestly!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Either of those two sellers come with a PocketBook seal of approval, so the choice is up to you!

And guys: You're both the best there is. Honestly!
Thank you for the compliment, mtravellerh!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 AM   #11
fragile
Connoisseur

PB 602/603?

Guys,
Thanks for all your responses.
Reading through some off the older threads in this forum I gather that PB is about to come up with 602/603. Does anyone have an idea on when this will be available in the states.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
tvpupsik
Addict

We should have details about new PocketBook models and their availability in the USA in about a month.