Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
sherlock holmes question.

I looking for a complete collection.

I have pocket pro astak reader.

suggestions?

thanks friends.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here is the link for epub version......

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47430
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 04:11 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please do note, however, that this book is not in the public domain in the United States (because the final book in the collection, "The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes" is still under US copyright), so if you live in the US, you shouldn't download it. It is in the public domain pretty much everywhere else.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
grimborg
Enthusiast
grimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please do note, however, that this book is not in the public domain in the United States (because the final book in the collection, "The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes" is still under US copyright), so if you live in the US, you shouldn't download it. It is in the public domain pretty much everywhere else.
I'd say download it anyway. If Sir Arthur minds he's free to come hunt your dreams and ask you to delete it.
grimborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
To clarify further:

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle died in 1930. All his works are out of copyright in the EU, Canada, Australia, and most of the rest of the world.

there are some exceptions, but very few. Here are the ones I know about, with the date they come out of copyright

Date Country (copyright length)
2011 Colombia (lifetime + 80 years)
2030 Cote d'Ivoire (lifetime + 99 years)
2031 Mexico (lifetime + 100 years)

His works published in the US after 1922 are copyright for 95 years after publication. For Sherlock Holmes stories, that is only The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes published in 1927, so

2023 USA (publication + 95)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I don't think I'm going to stick around to legally download his books. Lets see now; I guess I'll be 173 years old by then. I doubt that I'll be doing a lot of reading at that age.

Last edited by Treven; 11-04-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, you only have to wait until 2023. that's only another thirteen and a bit years.

Unless your Congress increases US copyright terms again, of course.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treven View Post
I don't think I'm going to stick around to legally download his books. Lets see now; I guess I'll be 173 years old by then. I doubt that I'll be doing a lot of reading at that age.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
thanks for all the info.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Perhaps more than you really needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
thanks for all the info.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:21 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Of course, if someone were to create a Sherlock Holmes omnibus without "The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes", then that would be in the US public domain.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote