Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-22-2022, 12:46 PM   #1
JohnDae
Connoisseur
JohnDae began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
Touch HD 2 always use PB Reader (universal) for pdfs?

When I select a pdf file I can choose between PB Reader (fast) and PB Reader (universal), where the first seems to be the default.

However, PB Reader (fast) seems to often hang with hourglass icon especially when traversing pdf files backwards making it incredibly annoying to use.

Can I somehow make the device use as the default pdf viewer PB Reader (universal)?

I tried altering between the two options in system/config/extensions.cfg by adding the following line and removing the other option:

"pdf:@PDF_file:1:eink-reader_with_rmsdk.app,eink-reader_with_pdfium.app:ICON_PDF"

but I still got the freezes with either option so I think neither gave the "universal" reader.
JohnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:00 PM   #2
JohnDae
Connoisseur
JohnDae began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
It looks like rmsdk really is the universal one and pdfium is the fast one, since when I added both it now shows the universal as the first choice.

However, it looks like both might be actually prone to freezing with hourglass icon. Although, I've never seen the issue when nothing pdf related is in extensions.cfg and I open a pdf file and select universal.

I installed the latest koreader which seems pretty good and is also faster and updated so that might solve this issue.
JohnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert