Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 07-29-2022, 06:31 AM   #1
rgxb
rgxb began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 2HD
Tolino shine 2hd power button broken(?)

Hey, I hope this is the right place for my question:

I bought a used shine 2hd and the power button behaves very weird. I can boot it without any issues and the first time I press the button after boot it shows the shutdown/reboot dialog, but after that it just stops working. I can't put it to sleep-mode, nor wake it up with the button. If I hold it for many seconds the screen freezes and the tolino is powered off.

Does anyone have an Idea what the issue is (I guess software?) or a workaround?
I'm running the latest firmware, without any root/twrp stuff but I sideloaded a couple of apps (the issue existed before).
I tried a "Power Button"-App which just froze but didn't power off. I also tried a few key remapper apps, but the only one that even ran didn't have a power button action, that could be mapped to other keys...
rgxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 03:11 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgxb View Post
I bought a used shine 2hd and the power button behaves very weird. I can boot it without any issues and the first time I press the button after boot it shows the shutdown/reboot dialog, but after that it just stops working. I can't put it to sleep-mode, nor wake it up with the button. If I hold it for many seconds the screen freezes and the tolino is powered off.
This all is perfectly correct behavior if you press for too long.
Sleep mode: quick tip
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote