Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-14-2021, 12:22 PM   #886
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Because Most non-KFX eBooks from Amazon are in KF8 (unless you have a K1, K2, or KDXG) you won't be able to download Mobi from Amazon) and these tools handle Mobi format. The KindleUnpack plugin handles KF8 (as well as Mobi) and to learn more about Amazon eBook formats, you should be learning about KF8. These Pearl tools will not help you do that.
Not true.

I have already made a change to mobils to allow it to work with azw3.

Before yesterday you went over 10 years since your last post to this thread. Please give it another 10 if you are unwilling to post useful, relevant, and factual information.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #887
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You might find the one-file mobiunpack.py interesting to look at too.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...4&d=1342902594

I probably have earlier versions around somewhere if you'd like.

[Edit: mobiunpack.py 0.02 from 2009 attached]

[Wow - it got a lot bigger from Nov. 2009 to Oct. 2011!]
Thanks! I'll give it a look. (I guess mobiunpack.py eventually morphed into kindleunpack?)
Old 01-14-2021, 12:26 PM   #888
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Thanks! I'll give it a look. (I guess mobiunpack.py eventually morphed into kindleunpack?)
It did indeed.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #889
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Part of my motivation for this is preserving the package and its history even though KF experts consider it obsolete and no longer good for anything (even though they found it valuable as a learning tool in its time).
Very cool! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I cut my mobi teeth on these modules, so I would hate to see them disappear. I've kept the source for 0.43 in my own backups for safekeeping, but it's good to know it will live on on github.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:15 PM   #890
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Very cool! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I cut my mobi teeth on these modules, so I would hate to see them disappear. I've kept the source for 0.43 in my own backups for safekeeping, but it's good to know it will live on on github.
Thanks, that means a lot to me.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:16 PM   #891
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Version 0.0.44

I've released version 0.0.44 on github
https://github.com/jps-e/mobi-perl

The only coding changes are in mobils, so I have attached that here.

Version 0.0.44:

- Added automatic processing of azw and azw3 files in mobils when no
filename has been supplied.

- Added flag -d to mobils to enable debug prints.

- Added files License.txt and gpl-2.0.txt to reflect the change in
license from GPL3 or later to GPL2 or later in 0.0.41
Attached Files
File Type: gz mobils.gz (2.5 KB, 489 views)

Tags
mobi2mobi, mobils