Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #1
Flerex
Flerex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Disable touch events to hold the ebook touching the screen

Hello!

I am having a hard time using my Kindle Paperwhite because the frames around the screen are not wide enough to hold with one hand. The best case scenario for me would be that I could hold the ebook touching the screen. Unfortunately, that is not possible right now as it would mean triggering any touch event (e.g. going to the next page).

That's why I'm here. I wanted to ask people that are more experienced than me in the Jailbraik community if there's any way to be able to do this, to disable the touch screen or something like that so I can hold my ebook comfortably.

I already did some research and I couldn't find much, so in case it is right now not possible, could anybody lead the way to some resources where I could learn how to develop this on my own?

Thank you in advance.
Flerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Here is a thread about doing it on a voyager there is source code in there somewhere:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=279209

But let me ask you, if you turn off the touch screen, how are you expecting to turn it back on? The paperwhite doesn't have any other buttons,

There is another thread about using keyboard and mouse, also source code throughout the thread from various people, this could be a way to re-enable the touch scren, I'm not sure how it works on the voyage 'Intocable' thread.
"KindleLazy"
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=278776

"USB OTG Support"
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=276501

Thinking outside the box, another option would be to buy a case that has wider bezels?

Last edited by coplate; 09-06-2018 at 10:26 AM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #3
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Something like this?
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:34 AM   #4
Flerex
Flerex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was thinking about using the power button to toggle the touch screen events, while having always enabled the possibility of going to the next and previous page with double tap instead of one.

I didn't know about those kind of holders, I have to check them out but I don't know if they're going to be comfortable.

Thank you guys!
Flerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:51 AM   #5
theol0403
Enthusiast
theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!theol0403 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle PW3
I know there is something here, possibly kindlelazy.
No, I remember, its whiteboard.
To turn the whiteboard off you press the power button, and it intercepts it.
So that is definitively possible.
theol0403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flerex View Post
I
- - - -
I didn't know about those kind of holders, I have to check them out but I don't know if they're going to be comfortable.

Thank you guys!
Fully adjustable for fit and size:
https://www.duckbrand.com/products/duck-tape

For instance:
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote