Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-10-2018, 09:17 AM   #466
danielo515
danielo515 began at the beginning.

Device: Remarkable,Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Are you sure you don't just have to switch the mode, through the immediate control panel on the right of the status bar, NE of the screen?
Yes ! Seems like the update has reset some configs to it's defaults.
Thanks
danielo515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #467
coddingtonbear
coddingtonbear began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
After the 1.9.1 update (and the most recent Neo Reader update from "Apps Update Check"), I've been encountering a new problem in which PDF files cannot be opened if the screen is rotated from its normal orientation. I recognize that using screen rotation isn't officially supported, but I've lately been using my Boox upside-down so the USB connector is at the top of the device, and I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue, and if so, found a workaround.
coddingtonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #468
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Yes, coddingtonbear, I have seen that issue too. Workaround: use another reader app.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #469
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Has anyone seen this quirk?: You're reading a book, tapping the screen to turn the pages. Then you try to use the hardware button to turn a page instead, and nothing happens. You have to hit the "next page" button a second time, to sort of get its attention, and after that the hardware buttons work normally.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:35 AM   #470
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eater View Post
Has anyone seen this quirk?: You're reading a book, tapping the screen to turn the pages. Then you try to use the hardware button to turn a page instead, and nothing happens. You have to hit the "next page" button a second time, to sort of get its attention, and after that the hardware buttons work normally.
First try : no problem for me.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2018, 04:51 AM   #471
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Hello
I am a newbie purchased max 2 few days ago from amazon warehouse. I suffer from severe eyestrain for the past 4 years. So I want to use Max 2 for most of my computing tasks.I would greatly appreciate your help with the following questions

1. Any tips for improving the screen quality when using it as a second monitor? Using a Macbook Pro retina late 2013 model running Mojave Mac OS.
2. Can I use side notes with the content browser?
3, any apps for allowing split screen?
4. Does Nebo handwriting app work? It is a paid app but worried as one note handwriting doesn't work so well.

Many thanks
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #472
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
@Faeryink:
1. See the Onyx Boox as a Monitor thread. It's near the top of the list. Specifically, look for MDP's post, maybe even try his mod.

4. Non-Onyx apps have lag in them although at least the Max 2 doesn't lose the handwriting, it just doesn't render it on the screen as fast as you write (lags a second or something).

Sorry, don't have answers to the others.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 01:50 AM   #473
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

@bsnick
Many thanks for the link to using onyx max as a monitor thread. Definitely useful.
I tried nebo and worked pretty well actually. I had a better experience than using One note. Only after resetting the tablet it is not recognising that I paid for it. So I will try the fix suggested by Booxstor on his store website.

Thanks for your time and help!!
Old 11-22-2018, 02:20 AM   #474
Faeryink
Zealot

I am upgrading to Max 2 pro with 4 GB ram and I hope this might improve the monitor mode. I know that adding more ram doesn't influence running a second monitor. But I am curious to see if the additional ram will run the monitor app more smoothly, is background processes will run faster.
Waiting for the parcel to turn up today or Monday.
I will share my experience here.

Last edited by Faeryink; 11-23-2018 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Previous message was too long
Old 11-22-2018, 08:18 AM   #475
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Browser without Wifi - firmware 1.9.1

Hello,

I try to use the browser to read the Ruby's documentation, core and stdlib which they are in HTML format : http://ruby-doc.org/downloads

The browser ask continuously to active the Wifi and I don't activate it. The browser is useful because there is the 'tab' function.

At this point, I can't read my doc.

How to use the browser for local files without Wifi ?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #476
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I try to use the browser to read the Ruby's documentation, core and stdlib which they are in HTML format : http://ruby-doc.org/downloads

The browser ask continuously to active the Wifi and I don't activate it. The browser is useful because there is the 'tab' function.

At this point, I can't read my doc
What browser are you using? Lightning - for one - allows opening local files...
And if you need tabs, Firefox has them.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:57 PM   #477
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
What browser are you using? Lightning - for one - allows opening local files...
And if you need tabs, Firefox has them.
I use the native browser, send with the Max2.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #478
bopsis
bopsis began at the beginning.

Device: POCKETBOOK PRO 903, Microsoft Surface Pro, Onyx BOOX Max2
Multi-tasking switching

Hello,

this is probably something very simple, but how can one switch between reading in Neo Reader and using other apps on Max 2?
In principle we have the Multi-tasking switching icon and clicking it should pop up the Android multi-task list to check the running applications in background, where we can choose to switch or close the selected application.
However, if I am reading a book in Neo Reader (v2.0) and then want to switch to for example calculator app to do some math, Neo Reader is not in the multi-task list.
Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
bopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:55 AM   #479
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopsis View Post
Hello,

this is probably something very simple, but how can one switch between reading in Neo Reader and using other apps on Max 2?
In principle we have the Multi-tasking switching icon and clicking it should pop up the Android multi-task list to check the running applications in background, where we can choose to switch or close the selected application.
However, if I am reading a book in Neo Reader (v2.0) and then want to switch to for example calculator app to do some math, Neo Reader is not in the multi-task list.
Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
In NeoReader 2, push the 'back' button, the last at right : you leave NeoReader. At the right top, you have squares (second icon from right top) : this the tools to open a page where all active applications are shown.

Last edited by Randy11; 11-23-2018 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Bad version of NeoReader, "2" not "1".
Old 11-23-2018, 03:27 AM   #480
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopsis View Post
Neo Reader is not in the multi-task list.
Any suggestions?
You should raise a bug notice / feature request at Onyx.
The operative suggestion is the same, same as that to Randy.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote