Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 11:01 AM   #46
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Very nice find about mobipocket!
Do you know if DRM'd dictionaries work?
I am very interested by some dictionaries on the mobipocket site, but I do not buy them since I have no idea if they will work, and especially if they work in a practical way: from within a book, and precisely with what book formats.

I agree about the font sizes.
Another thing missing: the shortcuts that were accessible by a long press of some key, like 4 for the dict dictionary.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #47
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozon42 View Post
Hello Lbooker,

can you upload it to rapidshare?
I can not access the link above.
Thanks and regards,

bozon42
Try this link:
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/eb8eec6...2-20090624.rar
Advert
Old 07-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #48
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Very nice find about mobipocket!
Do you know if DRM'd dictionaries work?
No idea.
I don't own any in mobi format, only LIT (fat lot of good, right?).
Anyway, I'm back on OI; FBreader is still way better for my needs.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #49
bozon42
Enthusiast
bozon42 began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Quote:
Hello Lbooker,

thanks for the link - I am about to download it.
Is this firmware better than the beta from 20090629?

bozon42
bozon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:34 PM   #50
korovjev
korovjev began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
I've played with new Lbook FW (20090624 version mentioned here), but after while reverted back to last "official" v2.02.
The reason was strange behavior of CoolReader with fb2 files (which is my preferred format). Actually when I was exiting fb2 file at some page with high number (like 400 and more) it took very very long before the reader exited - like 30 seconds to more then a minute. The higher page number, more it took for the CoolReader to exit - from pg 1000 it was more then minute and half.
Very annoying! In fact one can speed up the termination by clicking on Exit/back button once more, but then the page position was not saved and CR did not start there next time. Quite weird behavior - I think that CR was counting actual position in some very complex way or whatever. Anyhow I could not live with it. I'm usually switching between several books, so this is not acceptable. Old fw (2.02) is OK with this.

I was actually very much interested about new PDF reflow rendering, but was bit disappointed. I've tried two pdfs, one did not work at all - the reflow rendering was absolute mess - all lines from page were rendered one above another. The second one warked - I can increase font, but actually each line was "increased" separatelly so it resulted in braking paragraph and also arbitrary splitting of words at line ends. So text looked like this:

One para in zoomed PDF w
as
breaked into few separa
te lines
, where end of each l
ine
continued on nex
t one
and words we
re splited arbitrarily

Very inconvenient for reading.
korovjev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #51
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Quote:
Originally Posted by korovjev View Post
I've played with new Lbook FW (20090624 version mentioned here), but after while reverted back to last "official" v2.02.
The reason was strange behavior of CoolReader with fb2 files (which is my preferred format). Actually when I was exiting fb2 file at some page with high number (like 400 and more) it took very very long before the reader exited - like 30 seconds to more then a minute. The higher page number, more it took for the CoolReader to exit - from pg 1000 it was more then minute and half.
Very annoying! In fact one can speed up the termination by clicking on Exit/back button once more, but then the page position was not saved and CR did not start there next time. Quite weird behavior - I think that CR was counting actual position in some very complex way or whatever. Anyhow I could not live with it. I'm usually switching between several books, so this is not acceptable. Old fw (2.02) is OK with this.

I was actually very much interested about new PDF reflow rendering, but was bit disappointed. I've tried two pdfs, one did not work at all - the reflow rendering was absolute mess - all lines from page were rendered one above another. The second one warked - I can increase font, but actually each line was "increased" separatelly so it resulted in braking paragraph and also arbitrary splitting of words at line ends. So text looked like this:

One para in zoomed PDF w
as
breaked into few separa
te lines
, where end of each l
ine
continued on nex
t one
and words we
re splited arbitrarily

Very inconvenient for reading.
Problem may come with PDF code creating tools.
You can try building the your own PDF from WORD and see, it should have no problem
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #52
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
does this firmware have virtual keyboard etc as I am unable to find it.
The bookmarks are not saved when I come out of the book
or go back to the page I was reading when I select the file
again are these option not available or just not working for me.
If it makes a difference I am using epubs only
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:44 AM   #53
Lbooker
Addict

The virtual keyboard is there. I press key 3 to access the keyboard search dictionary. But it is not available in epub. The new software for pdf and epub does not support it.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #54
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The virtual keyboard is there. I press key 3 to access the keyboard search dictionary. But it is not available in epub. The new software for pdf and epub does not support it.
Well I am now using the latest 30.07.09 firmware from crengine.sourceforge.com
I only use it with epubs and it is great with it.
This version remembers the text size and page you were on a book so when you select it again even after shutting it down it goes back to it.
Wish they would put the search option in epub as well.
Are there any other option apart from the search in lbook firmware that are different from orginal firmware.
Using the +- Vol to change text size alson doesn't work
Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #55
devilinside
eReader
devilinside began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3, Kindle, Archos70
I am(was) also using the latest 30.07.09 firmware from crengine.sourceforge.com. With FB2 files three is no formatting in the text. No styles, no text justification. Went back to previous version.
devilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #56
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
Indeed, the above mentioned new firmware doesn't use the fb2.css, epub.css etc in crengine folder. There is something that can do in order to fix it? Or simply wait for the official lbook firmware instead. Also, how to force the V3 open epub files using Coolreader instead of the internal reader?
Thanks.
iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:00 AM   #57
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iterati View Post
Indeed, the above mentioned new firmware doesn't use the fb2.css, epub.css etc in crengine folder. There is something that can do in order to fix it? Or simply wait for the official lbook firmware instead. Also, how to force the V3 open epub files using Coolreader instead of the internal reader?
Thanks.
Ok now I am confused I thought the latest firmware from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/files/
was using the crengine to open epubs and had the newgui
bulit inside it if thats not it
then how do you load crengine
Old 11-02-2009, 03:33 AM   #58
Arturo
Arturo began at the beginning.

Device: Koobe (Hanlin V3)
Browsing the LBook site I found that the new firmware is out:
http://azbooka.com.ua/html/rom/V3upd...2-20091024.rar

I have no idea why the file is hosted at Azbooka, but it must be OK as I took the link from the official LBook download page:
http://lbook.ua/ru/downloads/firmwarev3

Changes I encountered so far:
  • v3.0.19 of CoolReader - no big changes from v3.0.18
  • Adobe Digital Editions DRM instead of MobiPocket. Non-DRM PRC files open fine.

There may be other changes, but there is no information on them, not even in Russian.
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #59
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
NEWEST from RUSSIA

firmware V3: v3update-CR3-20091102.zip http://files.mail.ru/CL337L
firmware V5: v5update-CR3-20091102.zip http://files.mail.ru/6C0Z4Q

- Preview the first page in the beginning of the book downloads
- Fixed problem with disappearing footnotes or combined
- Changed interface - a narrow font, full-screen menu, scrolling menu, without recurring items
- Added the ability to appoint key positions save bookmarks + + settings and save the book in the cache, to be able to quickly open the next time
- Spanish translation of the interface
- Fixed style for the tag strikethrough
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #60
Arturo
Arturo began at the beginning.

Device: Koobe (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
NEWEST from RUSSIA
I tried this firmware on my v3, but could not see any new features. It seems to be based on the April LBook firmware, so IMO it is a step back compared to the firmware I linked above.
I guess you took this from a Russian page. Can you give me a link to it?
Thanks!
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote