Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 AM   #16
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
in my PB 603 the reset button it's the little hole near the headphone connector with "reset" written on top. it's in the manual.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #17
drcain
drcain began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
in my PB 603 the reset button it's the little hole near the headphone connector with "reset" written on top. it's in the manual.
That's just a reset button that only does a reset/reboot.
This doen't help with this at all.

What I need is "hard reset" in terms of "reformat the device to factory defaults".
drcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #18
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvdb View Post

[...]
I had a subdirectory "Library" on the card.
In the subdirectory Library" was a subdirectory "ASD".
In the subdirectory "ASD", there was one pdf called: "Understanding Sensory Dysfunction Learning, Development and Sensory Dysfunction in ASD, ADHD, Learning Disabilities and Bipolar Disorder.pdf" (without quotes)
In the subdirectory "Library" was another subdirectory "Culture".
In the subdirectory "Culture, there was one pdf called: "Tribute to Hinduism Thoughts and Wisdom Spanning Continents and Time About India and Her Culture.pdf" (without quotes)
try removing commas from the name of first pdf.
Usually "safe" names include space, line, underscore, point but not comma, semicolon, colon, quote. I'd look suspiciously even the apostrophe. :P

Edit: I just realized I quoted a rather old post. The safety rules for filenames remains valid, though.

Last edited by preempalver; 04-13-2011 at 01:47 PM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcain View Post
That's just a reset button that only does a reset/reboot.
This doen't help with this at all.

What I need is "hard reset" in terms of "reformat the device to factory defaults".
could this be the button combination for a hard reset?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #20
drcain

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
could this be the button combination for a hard reset?
I've seen that post and tried that - on 902 it only does a normal reboot
Old 04-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #21
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
I think i saw somewhere that there's 'safe mode' combination but not a hard reset.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #22
drcain

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
I think i saw somewhere that there's 'safe mode' combination but not a hard reset.
Yup, safe mode's there (holding "home" button while booting), but again no use in this case - it boots to safe mode (the safe mode message is displayed), but it still stays on the Bookland's page..
Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #23
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcain View Post
I have the very same issue, so far nothing I found in other threads (and other websites) helped. I've made a quite extensive research on this topic. The firmware update still works though, so I have tried all possible firmware versions (2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.0.5, 2.0.6) and their RU, NA, EU alternates - with no luck.
This is second time this happened - I have returned the first Pocketbook 902 in 7 days after purchase with this issue, they have sent me a new one - this happened again to new one again after 7 days. So there's no use getting a new one as it will probably happen again and again and again.

THERE IS SERIOUS BUG IN POCKETBOOK 902 PRO - WHY THERE IS NO ONE FROM SUPPORT TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE? The "hard reset" button combination would be a good start..

I will also try my luck in BUGREPORT section..
IMHO, you got a lemon... I've had some instances of this bug in 2.0.3. firmware... but after upgrading to at least 2.0.4, the issue resolved and never appeared again. Now we're installing new firmware to all Pro devices that we're selling, because so far all of them come with 2.0.3 from the manufacturer.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #24
TheWizard2100
TheWizard2100 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook pro 902
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvdb View Post
Hello,

I am the owner of two Pocketbook 902 Pro e-readers. One of the readers developed a problem and I'm asking for your help to regain control over it.
Both readers have 8Gb MicroSD cards, and work flawlessly. They both have been updated to version 2.0.3 of the firmware successfully.

The other day, I added new content to the MicroSD card. From that moment on, the reader "hung" when choosing "Library" on the main screen.
If I turn of the reader and start again, the reader hangs on the "Bookland's" page, and never boots completely.

The only way of regaining control of the reader was to remove the MicroSD card. That way the reader boots again.

This puzzled me, and I tried to find a way to resolve the situation. While looking at a reason for that problem, I (somewhat foolishly) copied the content of the MicroSD card to a subdirectory on the readers' local memory.
The result is that the reader now doesn't boot at all (it is stuck on the "Bookland's" page). It is also not visible anymore to the PC, i.e. connecting the reader via USB to the PC starts the reader, but does nothing else. This makes sense, because the reader was configured to ask what to do when connected.

My conclusion is that there is some file that I copied that makes the reader "hang". The solution is to identify the file and remove it. Since the reader doesn't boot anymore and isn't visible on the PC, I can't do that.

Is there someone who knows how to regain control of the reader anyway? I stress again that resetting doesn't help (the reader tries to boot, but then "hangs" on the "Bookland's" page.

Please advise.

This message was posted on both Mobileread and sent to pocketgoods.de.
I also have a Pocketbook pro 902/
I have had 2 occasions where my PB would hang and would not respond to anything.
The trick is use the power button and the + volume button simultaniously!
It always works for me ;-)
TheWizard2100 is offline   Reply With Quote