Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-22-2017, 08:28 AM   #16
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Updated to v0.3.2.0
  • Page & Date reference for each highlight.
  • Option to show/hide page & date info that also affects if that info is going to be written in the saved text files.
  • Highlights are now sorted by page number.
  • Right clicking and selecting "View Book" did nothing.
  • If another file was in an '.sdr' folder (like an '.old' backup file) it could be selected instead of the normal metadata file.
  • Saved texts were displayed wrong in Windows Notepad due to Unix line breaks.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #17
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Updated to v0.3.4.0
  • Delete some or all the highlights from a book.
  • Copy some or all the highlights from a book in the clipboard.
  • Highlights are now a list with items that can be selected individually for copy/deletion, not just a text.
  • Highlight's elements like page, date and even highlight text can be turned individually on/off.
  • Fixed: If there was more than one highlight in a page, only the first was displayed.
  • Fixed: Right click menu appeared even if the book list was empty.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:39 AM   #18
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Great, thank you so much for maintaining and improving this application!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:59 AM   #19
embryo
Fanatic

Updated to v0.3.5.0
  • Support for comments (kind of), using the "Edit" highlight option of KoReader (click on a highlight).
  • Edit/Add/Delete a highlight's comment.
  • Fixed: Deleting an "Edited" highlight could not delete the associated bookmark too.
  • Fixed: New lines in the highlight are now properly displayed.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #20
mrm100
mrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW / Kobo Aura One (poss)
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Updated to v0.3.5.0
  • Support for comments (kind of), using the "Edit" highlight option of KoReader (click on a highlight).
  • Edit/Add/Delete a highlight's comment.
  • Fixed: Deleting an "Edited" highlight could not delete the associated bookmark too.
  • Fixed: New lines in the highlight are now properly displayed.
Hi, sorry - not very tech-savvy. Would this piece of software allow me to highlight and take notes with a Kobo Aura One, running Koreader on PDFs? Wanting to get a KA1 to run KoReader, but I'm finding conflicting info on the web as to whether it does or doesn't allow you to highlight & take notes on PDFs (like on the kindle firmware).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by mrm100; 12-05-2017 at 12:04 PM.
mrm100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:19 PM   #21
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm100 View Post
Hi, sorry - not very tech-savvy. Would this piece of software allow me to highlight and take notes with a Kobo Aura One, running Koreader on PDFs? Wanting to get a KA1 to run KoReader, but I'm finding conflicting info on the web as to whether it does or doesn't allow you to highlight & take notes on PDFs (like on the kindle firmware).
AFAIK Koreader could always highlight text while in a pdf or epub or whatever.
A newer (I think) feature is that the pdf highlights can also be saved in the pdf file itself.

KoHighlights is only accessing these highlights from a PC and can save them there.

The notes part now, is not that straightforward.
The way to add a note to the highlight (on Koreader) is to edit the highlight's name (by taping the highlight and selecting "Edit").
This "name" can be any text you like (any length/number of lines).

You can access/edit/add/delete this text through KoHighlights too: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...3&d=1510481176

There is a conversation with some developers about this.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:16 AM   #22
mrm100
mrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW / Kobo Aura One (poss)
Thank you embryo! That's really helpful info.

Kohighlights sounds essential for my needs too.

Hopefully I'll be trying all this out in a week or so.
mrm100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:14 AM   #23
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
I can not thank you enough. It is my fault I discover your tool only today. I was looking for a ebook reader which I can use on my Kindle paperwhite, pocketbook inkpad and android. I found KOREADER some time ago. The only disadvantage was I couldn't get my highlights from it.

NOW I CAN

So happy, thank you very much for your work on this.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:08 AM   #24
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
I have a feature request, if you please.

Right now the main functionality seems to be:

1. Load the list of books (those that have highlights)
2. Click on a book to see the highlights of that book

How about including a list view of all highlights? Just highlights, regardless of books. The list should be sortable

- by date in both directions
- by book in the alphabetical order in both directions
- by book in the order of highlight date in both directions

Is this doable? Or does such a tool already exist?

Something like this is in rudimentary form natively implemented in Pocketbook e-readers. I find it immensely useful.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:52 AM   #25
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Right now the main functionality seems to be:

1. Load the list of books (those that have highlights)
Actually, the list has all the books that you opened with KoReader, with or without highlights.
Quote:
2. Click on a book to see the highlights of that book

How about including a list view of all highlights? Just highlights, regardless of books. The list should be sortable

- by date in both directions
- by book in the alphabetical order in both directions
- by book in the order of highlight date in both directions

Is this doable? Or does such a tool already exist?
It is doable, but I have to think about the UI implementation.
There is a fast and there is a better approach.
I'll look to it when I find some free time.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:57 PM   #26
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
It is doable, but I have to think about the UI implementation.
Among the columns that you already have, just add another column for highlights. In the highlights column, display the highlight text from the beginning and let it concatenate. The full highlight text can be seen in the sidebar.

If the columns are too many for some, any column should be hideable.

Maybe this gives some ideas
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #27
embryo
Fanatic

Updated to v0.4.0.0
  • New "Highlights View", where we can see all the highlights from the opened books and sort them by date, book etc.
  • Fixed: Update book info when navigating using the arrows.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #28
bobodude
Connoisseur
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
Hi,

this looks cool,

one question does it work on linux ?
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #29
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobodude View Post
one question does it work on linux ?
Well, its Python 2.7, so I think it should run easily as a script.
The dependencies are standard libraries (PySide, BeautifulSoup and Mechanize).

Except from some virtual machines, I don't have a linux system, and even if I did, I don't have a clue about compiling linux executables, so I can not provide one of those.
If someone can compile one, I will be happy to include it in the current release..
Old 02-26-2019, 07:01 AM   #30
embryo
Fanatic

• Updated to v0.5.0.0
    • In "Highlights View", using the right-click menu, we can copy to clipboard the selected highlights/comments.
    • Added "Tags" and "Description" to the "Book Info".
    • Removed "Total time" and "Status" from the "Book Info" because the relevant keys where removed from the more current KoReader versions' metadata.
    • Fixed: Some highlights where missing when exported to text file.
    • Fixed: Better handling of lua comments.