Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-24-2024, 12:58 PM   #31
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
It works for me. The list of previous searches does not expand, even without clearing the history.
Maybe someone else can check it out.

Are you sure you have restarted Sigil?
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 02:08 PM   #32
KarlG
Enthusiast
KarlG began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
It works for me. The list of previous searches does not expand, even without clearing the history.
Maybe someone else can check it out.

Are you sure you have restarted Sigil?
Yes, closed sigil, ran ps -aux | grep sigil to make sure.

I'm running the latest version from git, compiled with Qt 6.7.0
KarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2024, 02:52 PM   #33
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I checked on Windows 10 only, Sigil from github compiled with Qt 6.5.3 and 6.6.2.

I'll try to check on Arch, but not today.
Old 03-24-2024, 02:57 PM   #34
KarlG
Enthusiast

Sure, no problem. I really appreciate your taking the time to try and help me.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:28 PM   #35
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
There's been no final release of Qt 6.7.0 yet. The updated plan is for releasing it April 2.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2024, 05:53 PM   #36
KarlG
Enthusiast

Correct, I should have said 6.7.0 rc2
Old 03-24-2024, 05:56 PM   #37
KarlG
Enthusiast

Maintenance Tool
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qt.png
Views:	47
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	207133  
Old 03-24-2024, 06:19 PM   #38
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Given the number of new bugs introduced during development of each new version of Qt (based on our last 10 year history of filing bug reports and testing with Qt), I would personally stay way away from beta, rc1, rc2, 6.X.0 and even 6.X.1 releases of Qt.

If you want something that is stable now, I would personally choose Qt 6.6.2 (or even the soon to be released of Qt 6.6.3 which should be released within a week or two). Each of the last two point releases has included multi-hundreds of bug fixes with each minor release. Many of them critical or P1.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-24-2024 at 06:22 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:28 PM   #39
KarlG
Enthusiast

Yes, good point. I think there's a very good chance that Becky's code isn't working because of the Qt version I'm using.

I see 6.7.0 is due on April 2nd, so I'll hang back until then. If it's still not working I'll go back to 6.6.3 (or whatever the latest 6.6.x version is) and try it again.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:15 AM   #40
BeckyEbook
Guru

I already know!
My code hides the drop-down list, and you want to hide the list with prompts called up when you type the first characters.

I'll have a look at that.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:11 AM   #41
BeckyEbook
Guru

Successful!

Code:
#cbFind, #cbReplace {qproperty-maxCount:0;}

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 03-25-2024 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:54 AM   #42
KarlG
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Successful!

Code:
#cbFind, #cbReplace {qproperty-maxCount:0;}
Works!

Dziękuję bardzo, Becky
Old 03-25-2024, 11:11 AM   #43
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Given a user can now use qss to hide all tooltips, I will leave that large tooltip alone.

Aside:

I sure hope someone is collecting and annotating all of BeckyEbook's wonderful qss snippets. If so, we could create a sticky thread dedicated to user customization via qss.

Last edited by KevinH; 03-25-2024 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:21 PM   #44
KarlG
Enthusiast

Wonder if you can change the number of clip icons using qss as well?
Old 03-25-2024, 01:52 PM   #45
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Unfortunately, the number of clips is determined by code not stylesheets.
I thought you were excited to dig into the code?