Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 05:29 AM   #1
rorocorti
rorocorti began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO HD
Kobo GLO HD stuck on "connecting & charging" page

Hi everyone,

Since a few days my Kobo GLO HD 4go is stucked on the "connecting & charging" page.

After looking a lot of threads, I've tried :

* soft reset
* hard reset
* new firmware on new SD CARD (from this forum)
* disconnect battery during one night
* chat with official KOBO "help" (useless, they'll make an offer to buy a new one)

But all of this did not work, I don't understand why my Kobo is stucked on the same page even without battery connected...

If anyone have a solution, thanks in advance.

ps : just before the crash I had some issues with "DRM" and had to reboot my Kobo glo
rorocorti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:01 AM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
What happened after you disconnected the battery and reconnected it?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2021, 06:06 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The easy one is why the screen stays the same without the battery connected: That's the way that e-ink works. Whatever is on the screen stays there until it is changed. There is no power used to maintain the screen.

Have you charged the battery? Don't assume it still has charge. And if everything else fails, leave it on charge overnight. It shouldn't work, but, a lot of people do this and find the device is running the next day.

What happens when you turn it on? Does the power light do anything? Does the screen light turn on?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:20 AM   #4
rorocorti

Thanks for your help, I guess the battery is OK because it was approximately at 90% just before the failure. Anyway, when I turn ON the KOBO the red led turns ON (and OFF if long push > 10 seconds).

I'll leave it on charge overnight and come back to this thread.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:21 AM   #5
rorocorti

by the way, thanks very much for the firmware...
Advert