Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-07-2019, 07:06 AM   #1
ilyasson
ilyasson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen.)
Exporting highlights into text

Hi,

I want to buy a nova/nova pro but curious about whether I can export my highlights on pdfs into separate text file like we can do in kindle (myclippings)...

As far as I know, we can export the whole highlighted page but that's not I'm looking...

Last edited by ilyasson; 04-07-2019 at 07:26 AM.
ilyasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:45 AM   #2
MrE
MrE began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Pro
Highlights are exported automatically. What I gathered from using the Note Pro a couple of weeks: with either epubs or PDFs, a folder is created and any highlight automatically concatenated to a .txt file inside that folder. So very much like the Kindle experience, although with the Boox it's a separate file for each document.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2019, 07:54 AM   #3
ilyasson
ilyasson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
Highlights are exported automatically. What I gathered from using the Note Pro a couple of weeks: with either epubs or PDFs, a folder is created and any highlight automatically concatenated to a .txt file inside that folder. So very much like the Kindle experience, although with the Boox it's a separate file for each document.

Thank you so much... What I see in video reviews, exporting is possible only for either the whole book or the whole highlighted pages as pdf. But you say it automatically generates a .txt file. I don't understand why any reviewer didn't mention about this but thanks!
ilyasson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:36 AM   #4
MrE

After upgrading to 2.1.1, a small update: the txt file is no longer generated automatically, as far as I can see. I haven't yet figured out how to export highlights...

Although it is now possible to "embed" highlights into PDFs, which is much nicer than generating a second PDF.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #5
MrE

Let me follow up on my previous post. Copied from my reply in the thread on 2.1.1 firmware:

Apparently exporting highlights is not so difficult. From the TOC menu, click annotations, select your highlights and hit export, which generates a .txt in the "Notes" directory of your device.
Advert