Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #76
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I noticed a few more backlist ebooks being made available in the US

1) the first of Roger Zelazny's Amber series, the Nine Princes of Amber (the authorized version) became available July 14th. I just noticed and scarfed it up. Hopefully, they will release the rest in a timely manner (note, nether Amazon nor Authoralert notified me on this one and yes, I follow Roger Zelazny in both Amazon and authoralert)
2) Anne McCaffery's DragonSinger trilogy because available on July 28th (once again, neither source notified me)
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #77
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I noticed a few more backlist ebooks being made available in the US

1) the first of Roger Zelazny's Amber series, the Nine Princes of Amber (the authorized version) became available July 14th. I just noticed and scarfed it up. Hopefully, they will release the rest in a timely manner (note, nether Amazon nor Authoralert notified me on this one and yes, I follow Roger Zelazny in both Amazon and authoralert)
2) Anne McCaffery's DragonSinger trilogy because available on July 28th (once again, neither source notified me)
I want Lord of Light to be released as an ebook.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2015, 05:01 AM   #78
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I want Lord of Light to be released as an ebook.
Apache
preach on, brother, preach on. I assume that it will eventually be. I suspect the copyright holder (ex-wife, I think), dipped her toe in the water with the less popular books last year and is putting her foot in the water with the Amber books now.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:09 AM   #79
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm after Jack of Shadows, at the moment. With a bit of luck it will turn up as an ebook before I need to read it.

I thought I'd seen Lord of Light when I was searching for it, but I guess I was mistaken. I can't help noticing that there are French and Spanish versions of the whole Amber series on Amazon UK, though.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #80
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The first of Eddings Tamuli series has just appeared, but $13 for a 20 yr old fantasy novel? They have got to be kidding. In any case, I've already read the series and still have the paperback so no sale.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #81
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
The first of Eddings Tamuli series has just appeared, but $13 for a 20 yr old fantasy novel? They have got to be kidding. In any case, I've already read the series and still have the paperback so no sale.
£4.49 at Amazon UK (about $6.70).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 04:11 PM   #82
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
That seems a bit odd. Why start in the middle of the series (I tend to consider the Elenium and Tamuli together). I see some speculation that it might be non legit.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:13 PM   #83
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Another old backlist book that I just picked up - Wizard of 4th Street by Simon Hawke. Not exactly high literature, but a fun read. Hopefully, the rest of the series will make it up.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #84
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Brooklyn public library has added a bunch of Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey & Maturin ebooks.
If I hadn't bought them all from Kobo, that would be sufficient justification in itself to join the Brooklyn library. I'm going through them very slowly, to make them last.

Somewhat oddly enough, the audiobooks as read by Simon Vance have been available from OverDrive for a while. Post Captain was my maiden audiobook.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #85
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

I just noticed that a bunch of Poul Anderson's books are coming out as ebooks on Nov 24th, including 3 hearts and 3 lions and the Star Fox, two of his classics.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:57 AM   #86
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Tor US is releasing Joan D.Vinge's Snow Queen as an ebook this month. It won the Hugo for best novel in 1981. Its sequels including The Summer Queen have been available as ebooks for some time.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:11 PM   #87
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

I ran across "High Tide at Gettysburg" by Glenn Tucker in the Kindle Store this weekend. Surprisingly, a number of older Civil War books are appearing, some because they are now in public domain (pretty much all the memoirs). I guess it could be that the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War has caused a number of the old classics to be republished, but I really didn't expect it to come out as an ebook.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #88
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Oh yea! Poul Anderson's The Last Viking Trilogy came out in ebook today. Just picked up all three. This is retelling of Harald Hardrede, The Viking king who invaded England at the same time as William. Of course, the retelling has a few fantasy elements in it, but it's actually my favorite Poul Anderson story. Well worth getting.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #89
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

ok, now we are cooking with gas! The entire Vlad Taltos series, by Steven Brust, is now available in ebooks. Just finished buying all 15 novels. The first 9 are in omnibus volumes (The Book of Jhereg, The Book of Taltos, The Book of Athyra, the Book of Dragon). Absolutely awesome! This was one of the main holes in my ebook collection. I just need the rest of the Zelazny books to come out.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #90
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
ok, now we are cooking with gas! The entire Vlad Taltos series, by Steven Brust, is now available in ebooks. Just finished buying all 15 novels. The first 9 are in omnibus volumes (The Book of Jhereg, The Book of Taltos, The Book of Athyra, the Book of Dragon). Absolutely awesome! This was one of the main holes in my ebook collection. I just need the rest of the Zelazny books to come out.
Some of them are eye-wateringly expensive at Amazon UK. Eg £10.44 for "Iorich", the 12th book in the series.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backlist, backlisted books