Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #1
birk
birk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exporting single chapter from a .mobi book

Hi! I'm looking to export an individual chapter from a .mobi book as a new epub file. Been looking around the conversion settings for a while, but I don't see a way to do so. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!
birk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by birk View Post
Hi! I'm looking to export an individual chapter from a .mobi book as a new epub file. Been looking around the conversion settings for a while, but I don't see a way to do so. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!
Convert to EPUB or AZW3, then use the ebook editor to do that task
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@birk - I would convert book to EPUB and use the ePUBSplit PI to extract the chapter to a new ePUB. If that doesn't work for some reason then I'd use the Editor to cut out all but the chapter that I wanted and then do a Save Copy

Maybe KindleUnpack PI can help - I don't use it so...

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #4
birk
birk began at the beginning.

@BetterRed that did the trick, thanks for keying me in to that plugin! Worked like a charm.
birk is offline   Reply With Quote