Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #16
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Agreed, but the browser comes really handy when downloading books from Calibre without plugging in the Kobo.
I have to really sing the praises of the mini. I've been using the mini a lot more than I thought I would. It's become my default reader for use away from home. Some times I even use it at night in bed if I'm feeling too tired/ lazy to hold my paperwhite. The form factor is just excellent and I can't fault it. I do prefer the software and experience on the kindle but the kobo is just fine. I bought another one in black as my eyes couldn't quite get used to the white bezel. So glad I nabbed a black one before the price went back up.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #17
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
I also LOVE my Mini and am not even tempted by Kindles or the Nook. I saw some Nook devices on holiday in the US but wasn't a fan of how they looked or their form factor. Personal preference I guess.
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #18
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
I also LOVE my Mini and am not even tempted by Kindles or the Nook. I saw some Nook devices on holiday in the US but wasn't a fan of how they looked or their form factor. Personal preference I guess.
The nook is not the most handsome reader I suppose.. but for my money it is the most ergonomic. The wide bezel and hollow back makes it easy to hold and the buttons mean it can easily be used one handed. When I got my Nook ST this past december I looked at both the Kobo and the basic Kindle. It was awkward to use the Kobo one handed (for me), and while basic Kindle could be used one handed, its lack of a touch screen seemed to me like it could be a bit of a pain. I haven't looked back and am quite happy with the Nook.. though occasionally I wish I had gone for one with the light.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #19
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
The nook is not the most handsome reader I suppose.. but for my money it is the most ergonomic. The wide bezel and hollow back makes it easy to hold and the buttons mean it can easily be used one handed. When I got my Nook ST this past december I looked at both the Kobo and the basic Kindle. It was awkward to use the Kobo one handed (for me), and while basic Kindle could be used one handed, its lack of a touch screen seemed to me like it could be a bit of a pain. I haven't looked back and am quite happy with the Nook.. though occasionally I wish I had gone for one with the light.

--
Bill
Are you sure it was the Kobo Mini that you looked at? I can't image anyone having trouble holding it with one hand, it is that small!
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote