Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
BrickyBrian
Connoisseur
BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrickyBrian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I have Kindle books and Calibre. How do they work?

I have a number of Kindle books and Calibre. The kindle books are in a folder, if that's the correct term to use which when I click on it and then on properties show the following.
C:\Users\?????\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle\applica tion\Kindle.exe

I would like to convert one of the Kindle EBooks into editable text using Calibre but have no idea how to do so. Could someone please give me a hint or two.
BrickyBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickyBrian View Post
I have a number of Kindle books and Calibre. The kindle books are in a folder, if that's the correct term to use which when I click on it and then on properties show the following.
C:\Users\?????\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle\applica tion\Kindle.exe

I would like to convert one of the Kindle EBooks into editable text using Calibre but have no idea how to do so. Could someone please give me a hint or two.
2 steps
1) Remove the DRM (We can't discuss the How. Go find Apprentice Alf)
2) Import the book format from your My Kindle folder (KFX format is a different ball game. IMHO stick with AZW). If you follow Alfs advice, the book will lose DRM during the import.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert