Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 02:18 AM   #1
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Xgody tablet, LG G3 (Android), moon+reader
Management added new 'format'

One for Kovid, this I suspect.
Following various problems (including deleting wanted books!!!!!) I used the 'library management' function to tidy up.

Seemed to go well, but now numerous (i.e.hundreds!) of titles now have an additional format of 'DB' in the metadata. None of the titles appeared to have problems before, so what's happened an does it matter?

Thanks
rbruce1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That will happen if there are .db files in your book folders. If you dont need them simply delete them by selecting all books, right clickign the remove booksbutton and choosing delete formats
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 04:03 AM   #3
rbruce1314
Groupie
rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rbruce1314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That will happen if there are .db files in your book folders.
There are? How did that happen and where did they come from: as I said for quite a few hundreds, but by no means all, even of the same series . . . .

Quote:
If you dont need them simply delete them by selecting all books, right clickign the remove booksbutton and choosing delete formats
And that will remove the lot but not damage anything else? I'm a bit wary now.......
Old 12-07-2017, 05:23 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruce1314 View Post
There are? How did that happen and where did they come from: as I said for quite a few hundreds, but by no means all, even of the same series . . . .
No idea, calibre does not generate them

Quote:
And that will remove the lot but not damage anything else? I'm a bit wary now.......
Yes, but if you are nervouis, simply make a backup of your library folder before proceeding.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:58 AM   #5
rbruce1314
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No idea, calibre does not generate them

Yes, but if you are nervouis, simply make a backup of your library folder before proceeding.
OK - thanks (I've backed up already!!) - but I've never asked a question you've not been able to answer before!!! That means they can only have arrived serendipitously

Advert