Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: SONY Touch PRS-650, Nook HD, Kobo H2O Kobo Aura ONE LE
Kobo H2O getting error in calibre

an ebook i just added to my library was acting up. i open the book but when i turn the page it goes back to home and says the book was finished (this occurs with just the one book, a fanfic).

so i unplugged and replugged my Kobo in, but now i keep getting the same error, i rebooted both the computer and the ereader, yet i still get the same error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.33.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1776, in books
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
i did have a problem with the computer detecting the device so i had to unplug without properly ejecting. right now some books appear with a rectangle but no title or info.

is there anyway to fix this without a factory reset?

Last edited by Rika24; 07-30-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:48 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That means the database on the device is corrupted. If you have a backup of this, you can restore it and the device should be working again. If you don't have a backup, you will need to sign out of the Kobo account on the device. This will create a new empty database and then take you through the setup process. Afterwards, it should process all the sideloaded books back into the library. Unfortunately, you will lose the reading status of these books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan
Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rika24 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

So i wont lose the books or the ADE, just their status?

Last edited by Rika24; 07-30-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:29 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Correct.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:31 PM   #5
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan

Do you have an idea why that one ebook was acting up?
Advert
Old 07-30-2015, 11:44 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

As the database was corrupt, that is the most likely reason. The navigation uses some information from the database and some from the book as you are reading.

You can also get some strange behaviour if you replace a book without deleting it first. It is safe if the structure of the book doesn't changed. Changing spelling, styles etc is safe. But changing the ToC or the internal file structure can lead to some strange behaviour.

It could also be an error in the book. If it doesn't work after the sign out/in, this will be the problem.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:03 AM   #7
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan

yes thank you! it works now. the only problem is it is no longer authorized by adobe, will this count against my 6 devices since i didn't manually deauthorize it or will it recognize the device?

i did make a copy of my kobo (including the adobe digital editions folders) before signing out. should i just copy and paste those old files?
Old 07-31-2015, 09:17 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

If you took a copy of the ".adobe-digital-editions" directory, restoring that will restore the authorisation.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:35 AM   #9
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan

yay, it works, thank you again! from now on i'll be making a backup of the ereader files because i hated losing all my bookmarks and awards.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:03 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

As you are using calibre, get my Kobo Utilities plugin. It has function to backup the database and various configuration files when you connect a Kobo device.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:17 AM   #11
Rika24
Fanfiction Fan

where would i get that and is it mac compatible? it won't cause any problems going back and forth between a mac an a pc? and would it back up my stats for the kobo H2O too?
Old 07-31-2015, 02:37 PM   #12
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
where would i get that and is it mac compatible?
Try calibre Preferences - Get plugins to enhance calibre and select Kobo Utilities from the plugin list. Many (most???) plugins work on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Here's the main thread for Kobo Utilities.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, error, kobo aura h2o