Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
mcpunk
mcpunk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
kindle touch won't charging

English is not my native language,I try my best to make myself understood.
My kindle touch bricked,so I want to debricked it. Before that I wanna make sure it was fully charged,then I plug into the USB, after about 20min, the screen shows an empty battery...The light was yellow......what I'm goona do?can anybody help?
mcpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
If you can, use a wall charger to charge it. It's going to take 3-4 hours on a wall charger, and 6 or more via USB.

20 minutes isn't going to give you anywhere near a minimum charge.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Leave it plugged in overnight.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
mcpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
If you can, use a wall charger to charge it. It's going to take 3-4 hours on a wall charger, and 6 or more via USB.

20 minutes isn't going to give you anywhere near a minimum charge.
I did what you said,but it doesn't work.
On a wall charger, after about 4hours,the lights turn green. but the screen is still the same.
via USB the light will auto turn off after 2hours.
I dont know what to do now ....
Old 03-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
mcpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Leave it plugged in overnight.
I did, but it doesn't work ~
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
freebird75
freebird75 began at the beginning.

Since the light goes from yellow to green after a 4-hour charge with the use of a wall charger, your kindle is fully charged.

You should not give notice to the display because the messages are coming through the software not the hardware. And since you have a bricked kindle the software is not at it's best....
freebird75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpunk View Post
I did what you said,but it doesn't work.
On a wall charger, after about 4hours,the lights turn green. but the screen is still the same.
via USB the light will auto turn off after 2hours.
I dont know what to do now ....
After fully charging your Kindle, you should then try to do a hard reset.

To do this: Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then let it go.

It should then reboot (screen will show boy sitting under tree with progress bar underneath). If this doesn't happen, try pressing the power button once to switch it on. If nothing happens.... then it sounds like it really is bricked!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Exactly. Once the Kindle is fully charged, you will need to do a hard reset as described above to get it working again.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
mcpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
After fully charging your Kindle, you should then try to do a hard reset.

To do this: Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then let it go.

It should then reboot (screen will show boy sitting under tree with progress bar underneath). If this doesn't happen, try pressing the power button once to switch it on. If nothing happens.... then it sounds like it really is bricked!

No, I dont see the tree....seems like it really bricked
Old 03-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard

I really don't think it's bricked. When the battery on mine has died, it often takes a few tries to get it to reboot. It also takes patience. While the documentation says it should take 15 seconds or so to reboot, I've had it take as long as as two minutes to reboot.

If it were my Kindle, I'd try rebooting a few more times. Then I would plug it in again, wait a few hours, and try rebooting again.

I am curious.... Did you install any hacks on the Kindle that could be interfering with the system software?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
mcpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I really don't think it's bricked. When the battery on mine has died, it often takes a few tries to get it to reboot. It also takes patience. While the documentation says it should take 15 seconds or so to reboot, I've had it take as long as as two minutes to reboot.

If it were my Kindle, I'd try rebooting a few more times. Then I would plug it in again, wait a few hours, and try rebooting again.

I am curious.... Did you install any hacks on the Kindle that could be interfering with the system software?
I use the MfgTool and put some RUMME.SH , data.tar.gz file I dont remember that much... Last time i use this method https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169645 there is nothing change, so I walk away from charging...
Old 03-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
If all else fails, call Kindle support.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
If all else fails, call Kindle support.
I don't know if this is going to help, but I suppose it can't hurt to try. I don't think they do much supporting of Kindles that have been hacked.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #14
fkmass
fkmass began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
How to charge a Kindle touch that refuses to charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpunk View Post
English is not my native language,I try my best to make myself understood.
My kindle touch bricked,so I want to debricked it. Before that I wanna make sure it was fully charged,then I plug into the USB, after about 20min, the screen shows an empty battery...The light was yellow......what I'm goona do?can anybody help?
It happens the same to me. Looks like the battery was deeply discharged.
My guess is that the microprocessor looks for some low level charge in the battery. If it is not above that level, it asumes that the battery is dead. This could also be a safe tip.

This help me to recover my Kindle. I was pretty shure my battery wasn´t dead. I simple left it discharged for about 6 month.
To use this procedure you need some wall charger. You must not use this procedure with the Kindle connected to any USB port.

So, have your Kindle touch connected to a wall charger.

To overpass the battery protection mechanism you need to put the Kindle in the flashing mode. In this mode, the Kindle just sits there waiting for data to put in the flash memory. There is no memory check whatsoever. You do this normally in order to recover from some faulty update.

Bring the Kindle into bootloader mode by:

Pressing the power button until power LED goes off.
Keep on pressing power button and start pressing the "magic" key.
Release power button while still pressing "magic" key.
Release "magic" key.

Now the Kindle is in bootloader mode and waits for the bootloader code to execute at USB.

Now leave it there for a few hours. The battery will slowly begin to charge.
After this initial charge, you may turn it on and charge it normally.
It worked for me.

Good luck!
fkmass is offline   Reply With Quote