Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Help with Merge Records - an SVG icon

I just wrote the last piece of merge records code that I've planned. It all seems to work fine - just need to do some more alpha testing.

Assuming Kovid accepts it, the merge option will be available by right click, just like add books, edit metadata, convert, send, save, etc. All of those are also on the toolbar, accessible by button click, and during development and testing, having a button on the toolbar was convenient. Since I've already written the toolbar button code, and for consistency with the other right-click options, I might as well leave the button on the toolbar. Kovid can take it off if it's not needed.

The only thing I don't have is a suitable merge icon (I stole one of the other icons for testing). The icons are in the resources/images directory. However, I've got no tools for editing or making an svg image.

Would anyone be willing to make me a simple merge icon? I'm currently using the add_book.svg file already in that directory. It has a book with a plus sign. Maybe two books with an arrow from one into the other?

Alternatively, how about an open source svg editor I could try?

Thanks.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I just wrote the last piece of merge records code that I've planned. It all seems to work fine - just need to do some more alpha testing.

Assuming Kovid accepts it, the merge option will be available by right click, just like add books, edit metadata, convert, send, save, etc. All of those are also on the toolbar, accessible by button click, and during development and testing, having a button on the toolbar was convenient. Since I've already written the toolbar button code, and for consistency with the other right-click options, I might as well leave the button on the toolbar. Kovid can take it off if it's not needed.

The only thing I don't have is a suitable merge icon (I stole one of the other icons for testing). The icons are in the resources/images directory. However, I've got no tools for editing or making an svg image.

Would anyone be willing to make me a simple merge icon? I'm currently using the add_book.svg file already in that directory. It has a book with a plus sign. Maybe two books with an arrow from one into the other?

Alternatively, how about an open source svg editor I could try?

Thanks.
Gimp?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@Starson17: You can get a whole bunch of free and open source SVG icons from the KDE Oxygen project. An open source SVG editor is Inkscape.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Starson17: You can get a whole bunch of free and open source SVG icons from the KDE Oxygen project. An open source SVG editor is Inkscape.
Thanks. I found some free/open source SVG icons at WikiMedia that may work. Anything I choose, I'll make sure to give you a link to the public domain/copyright license in case you decide to use it.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Merge-arrows.svg
Edit: I ended up using Inkscape, half of the merge arrows svg file and the book icon from Add Books.

Last edited by Starson17; 03-26-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote