Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
Travelling need more books

Does anyone know if it is possible to access my sony account outsıde the country or purchase books without downloading the software or any booksite if it does not have adobe editions?
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
As far as I know, you have to have the Sony Library Software installed (including ADE) to access the Store and make purchases/downloads.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Are there none of the free books right here at MR that appeal to you? No additional software needed for those!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Grab some Dickens!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Dickens isn't everyone's cup of tea . We have some much more "fun" books, too .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Dickens isn't everyone's cup of tea . We have some much more "fun" books, too .
What??? How could it be???

True. Lots of great stuff. Some of it even "fun"
Old 02-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
Dickens what the Dickens about Dickens

What Dickens not 'fun' tell me it isn't so! great to know I can download books from mobileread, and I can understand that downloading new books could be a problem but there should be away to sign into my account outside my own computer from any sony website.. so much the the global universe...
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminarovich View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to access my sony account outsıde the country or purchase books without downloading the software or any booksite if it does not have adobe editions?
Sony doesn't track IPs. So you can access your Sony account, even without using VPN, from another country. I do so for my US account from Germany.
And of course you can purchase ePUBs without Sony's software (almost) from everywhere.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
... ...
And of course you can purchase ePUBs without Sony's software (almost) from everywhere.
Just to clarify, if you can plug into a computer via USB, you can get books anywhere at any time. The Sony or Calibre software is NOT necessary. I have not opened mine in about a year.

If your computer has a card slot, insert your card and then go to "my computer" and open that folder.

OR EVEN BETTER, If you simply plug your reader into the computer, you can also go to "my computer" and open it as a folder.

Create a new folder on your reader or card called "Ebooks" or whatever you want to call it. This is where you will want to drop your books.

You can drag or copy any ePub, RTF, TXT, or ADE book directly into that folder. Eject the reader and turn it on. Your books should show up as usual.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #10
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Sony doesn't track IPs. So you can access your Sony account, even without using VPN, from another country. I do so for my US account from Germany.
They may not track IPs for books etc... But earlier this year I was in Trinidad, I tried to update my credit card information. I got a message saying something along the lines of "You may not change credit card information from outside your home country". Though I've never had a problem buying and downloading books from outside the country.

Regards, Daryl
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote