Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
A quick question about USPS

Hello, forum heads!
I just bought Sony ebook reader, and we agreed with the seller that they will ship it by USPS. The seller informed me yesterday, that they did mail the package to me. But the staus of the package (according to USPS site and given tracking ID) is still "Electronic Shipping Info Received" - does that mean that package haven't been mailed yeat? Ant thoughts?

Quote:
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 3, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Regards,
Viktar.
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
Hello, forum heads!
I just bought Sony ebook reader, and we agreed with the seller that they will ship it by USPS. The seller informed me yesterday, that they did mail the package to me. But the staus of the package (according to USPS site and given tracking ID) is still "Electronic Shipping Info Received" - does that mean that package haven't been mailed yeat? Ant thoughts?

Regards,
Viktar.
USPS tracking leaves much to be desired. I've actually received packages when the USPS site still had the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" listed as the status.

On a brighter note I've found that generally USPS will normally deliver much earlier than their estimated delivery date.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
From my experience USPS takes a while to update their tracking information (if they do it at all)
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
The USPS tracking system, if it can even be called that, is notoriously behind the times. As a package moves through the system it may or may not be scanned at each handoff point. If not, no tracking information is presented. If it has been scanned you may see some progress. Basically, and depending on the service, just wait a reasonable amount of time (1-2 weeks?) and check your postal carrier if they offer any sort of tracking.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
USPS tracking leaves much to be desired. I've actually received packages when the USPS site still had the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" listed as the status.
Same here, they list a ship date ab9ut 10 days from ordering and I have been getting stuff much sooner, from 3 to 5 business days typically.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
USPS is my preferred method of shipping to the beautiful Sandwich Isles. Generally if I can get the same product for approximately the same price from different venders, I will buy from the one that offers USPS as a shipping option.

The reason for this is that other shipping companies add a hefty surcharge to ship to Hawaii, but USPS is legally(?) constrained from charging more for shipping to any of the 50 states, so the cost is the same whether they are shipping across town or across oceans.

That being said, their tracking system is next to useless.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Agree...it's almost week since the last update of their tracking records...
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote