Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
Iznogold
Iznogold began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3.2.1 wifi
Kindle fell from the desk, back opens

I lock it again but i lock it bad. The one clip on the down side stays out. kindle works fine although. But i couldnt just let go and just have fun with it. no.. I wanted to make it as it was. so.. I tried to get its back open again.. with a blade... stupid me. I saw a video of a guy doing it. I said "I can do it too"!. I didnt open all of the clips.. i opened one clip the lower one from the left side and then... screen became unresponsive.. so i stopped. also, uncarefully my fingers pressed some thousands buttons too..
I dont know what happened.. I am afraid that I damaged it and as long as I tried to open its back there is no waranty anymore. so.. 139 dollars are on the rubbish bin

what do you say?
Iznogold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
I don't know how useful this will be, but I posted proper directions for opening and closing the back: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=191
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
Iznogold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
I don't know how useful this will be, but I posted proper directions for opening and closing the back: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=191
mister Yifanlu you ve been really helpful in contrast with the other guy that suggested me taking a swiss blade to open kindle. The gizmo that connects keyboard and screen now has a hole!
Thank god I feel it is repairable but my knowledge on electronics is short so if you see this post i d be happy if you shared your knowledge with me. The gizmo that connects keyboard with screen looks to be long enough to allow me cutting it for 2mm and glueing it so I can get rid of the hole. but a pretty good question is how does someone glues such a thing efficiently?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
dmcounts
Enthusiast
dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K2, K3-3G/WIFI
That "gizmo" is a flexible printed circuit.

FPCs can be either single or double sided and are made by etching the pattern on the layer of copper film bonded to a dielectric basefilm.

A hole in the film will break the circuit and the repair, while possible, is very tedious.

The best solution if a new replacement source is not available is to secure a damaged unit that can be used for parts and get a cable from it.

don
dmcounts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
Iznogold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcounts View Post
That "gizmo" is a flexible printed circuit.

FPCs can be either single or double sided and are made by etching the pattern on the layer of copper film bonded to a dielectric basefilm.

A hole in the film will break the circuit and the repair, while possible, is very tedious.

The best solution if a new replacement source is not available is to secure a damaged unit that can be used for parts and get a cable from it.

don
i am very interested in the repairing part you talked about. do you know anything more?
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
dmcounts
Enthusiast
dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K2, K3-3G/WIFI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogold View Post
i am very interested in the repairing part you talked about. do you know anything more?
Without specialized equipment it would be very difficult.

The copper film is too fragile to solder and even if you could it would melt the dielectric backing film.

I have made repairs by soldering a fine wire from one end connector to the other to bypass a broken line before but it was very difficult and if it had involved more than one conductor as your problem seems to be I would never have attempted it.

don
dmcounts is offline   Reply With Quote