Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
wwang
Connoisseur
wwang began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX SmartQ 7
update screen feature.

I am going to make a feature request. I don't know if it is possible or not, but should be but it may depend on your current implimentation.

The update window when pages are being updated is modal and takes control of the current downloads. But I have found that if I have say 10 sites being downloaded and I have 1 reallly long page that takes forever to download, no more downloads will be started untill the update window closes and reopens with the new downloads. Would it be possible to drag and drop sites into the update window if it is running? Or at least periodically check to see if there are other downloads to be started? So that they all eventually get started if there happens to just be one site that is slow to download?

For example sites A,B,C,D. We start an update. A,B,C finish. but D may still have 20 minutes more to download. If scheduled to download E, F, G should start before D finishes, we have to wait the full 20 minutes before E, F G will start. This may not make a ton of difference, but if you realize you want to take a current set of sites with you, the 1 download can hold up the whole process.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Since Laurens has stopped development, you won't be seeing any new features.

But it seems a little odd that you're seeing this anyway. Perhaps I'm not understanding your problem. If I'm updating several pages and have the limit set to four at a time, A, B, C and D will start, but as soon as any of them finish, the additional pages begin. In your scenario, while D is still updating, E, F and G would begin. That appears to be what you're asking for, but it already does it.

Now, if you mean that, when you start updating A, B, C and D, the remaining pages are not yet due, but come due during the time that D is updating, that's probably a different story. My question then would be, why do you have the schedule set that way? Why have pages that come due just a few minutes apart? Maybe you should look at tweaking your update schedule.
Advert