Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2023, 02:20 PM   #1
francyboy
francyboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle gen 4
Exclamation vers. 4.1.2 not linked to any account can't access as drive from windows

Hi, I got a second hand Kindle 4 . The software version is the 4.1.2 . when i plug the usb to the pc i can't access the kindle as a drive (so i can't manual update it). I cant register a new account or link to an existing one . there is way i can access the kindle as a drive or update the firmware just enough ? thanks for your help. Sorry for the bad english.
Thanks
francyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 04:10 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by francyboy View Post
Hi, I got a second hand Kindle 4 . The software version is the 4.1.2 . when i plug the usb to the pc i can't access the kindle as a drive (so i can't manual update it). I cant register a new account or link to an existing one . there is way i can access the kindle as a drive or update the firmware just enough ? thanks for your help. Sorry for the bad english.
Thanks
If you are having trouble registering your Kindle, read the following post that worked for me trying to register a Kindle Touch.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1563
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 04:31 PM   #3
francyboy
francyboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle gen 4
Thanks i solved. The USB cable was faulty (the third One i tried worked). I Just updated to the last version and during the registration i put the otp code instead of the password. TThanks for your help
francyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 06:46 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by francyboy View Post
Thanks i solved. The USB cable was faulty (the third One i tried worked). I Just updated to the last version and during the registration i put the otp code instead of the password. TThanks for your help
Amazon changes how you register old Kindles and the support staff have no clue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4.1.2, drive, update