Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 05:04 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Thumbs up Free (Kindle) Loophole by Robert Pollock [Film-Adapted Bank Heist Crime Thriller]

Loophole by the late English author Robert Pollock, a soccer player turned journalist and teacher, is his vintage standalone heist thriller novel, featuring a recently-downsized architectural firm employee who is approached by a thief planning a bank robbery who thinks he's found a loophole in the security which he needs a straight man on his team to exploit, free for a limited time courtesy of publisher Endeavour Press' Odyssey imprint.

This was originally published in 1972 by Hodder & Stoughton under the title Loophole or How to Rob a Bank, and was later adapted into the eponymous film (Wikipedia) starring Albert Finney & Martin Sheen. I must say I like the quoted blurb praise from the Evening News claiming that this was “So plausible and true-to-life that its author was actually reported to the CID by a public-minded citizen at the time of a notorious bank robbery.”

Currently free @ Amazon (available to Canadians & in the UK and pretty much everywhere else Amazon sells worldwide, since this is being done via their KDP Select exclusive-or-else program)

Description
“Ever heard of the City Savings Deposits Bank? … I know what they got. I know every foot of that place. I’m telling you I can get in and out and I won’t be caught.”

Stephen Booker has reached breaking point.

Made redundant from his architecture firm three weeks before Christmas, Booker soon finds the perpetual pressures of bank manager, credit associations, private schools, medical care funds and the needs of his wife too much to handle.

Until he meets Michael Daniels, that is.

Mike Daniels has always been looking for the one big job that’ll enable him to get out of the game. And recently he’s got his eye on the City Savings Deposits Bank.

With its alarmed vault, infra-red beams, radio frequency waves and unscheduled patrol visits, all the thieves in London declare this is the one jug you cannot blow.

But Daniels thinks he’s found a loophole in the bank’s security.

Needing a ‘straight’ on his team, Daniels recruits Booker in his attempt to pull off the biggest heist of all time.

But as one loophole twists and turns into another, was Daniels right in thinking they’d never be caught?

With a fast moving and gripping plot, Loophole provides a shrewd and fascinating insight into the preparation and execution of a major crime.

Last edited by ATDrake; 05-11-2017 at 05:46 AM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:51 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Thank you!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 06:03 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Now a repeat freebie if you missed it earlier.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote