Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 AM   #1621
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
I'm not aware of any future extension for something like this.

If only one epub goes wrong, then probably there is something wrong with your calibre library. I would advise you to check this first in calibre (see if you can open the epub in the calibre-reader).
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:08 AM   #1622
jame54
jame54 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Good news for those using a Western Digital NAS
jame54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2018, 08:07 PM   #1623
theodore1982
theodore1982 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi there,

i started COPS using today and i have a question about the send to function in COPS.

I have Calibre library entries with multiple formats. For example a book entry with the formats azw3, epub and pdf.

Is my first impression correct, that there is no possibility to choose the format which is used in the "send to mail" functionality?! Why?
theodore1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:47 AM   #1624
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@theodore1982

I think that your impression is right.
Why? Probably because is wasn't coded that way by the developer.

However, there is an order in which files will be mailed. The order is:
- MOBI
- AZW3
- PDF
- EPUB
Only the firs available file(extension) will be mailed. To check, just mouse over the mail icon.

If you want to change that order change the file ./lib/BOOK.php
Search for the line $bestFormatForKindle = array('EPUB', 'PDF', 'AZW3', 'MOBI'); and change the order.

Edit: Please read the FAQ (I usually try not to too )
https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/FAQ#sendto

Last edited by mariosipad; 03-26-2018 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:35 PM   #1625
superturrican
superturrican began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
At some point in the recent past, my COPS install broke. Now I get a 404 error any time I click the download icon, yet clicking the view icon displays the book in my web browser.
superturrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #1626
mariosipad
Guru

I get the same error "404 - file not found" only if I try to download a file from a symlinked directory.

Opening in firefox (with plugin) is no problem.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #1627
superturrican

I haven't changed where any of the files are located in months, and this 404 error only showed up in the last couple of weeks, so it's tricky to know where to start. As I said, the internal epub reader option displays the book as expected, it's just the download link that doesn't. I tried switching off url rewriting in the config to see if that would fix it but it didn't.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #1628
mariosipad
Guru

Just to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing. Can you tell me/us:
- what desktop browser you are using?
- what operating system (Windows/Linux/etc) and what server (Apache/Nginx) you are using?
- what version of COPS?

In any case COPS still works, just not like you are used to. :-)
Old 04-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #1629
superturrican

Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Kobo built-in
Operating System: Raspbian Wheezy
COPS version: 1.1.1
Server: Nginx/1.2.1

Last edited by superturrican; 04-13-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #1630
mariosipad
Guru

Hmmm. Our “errors” are not related.

All your installed software seems a bit “dated”. But, “if it ain’t broken, why fix it?”

If you did not change anything on your Pi in the last few months there should be no reason why cops shouldn’t work today.

Just to check:
Http://<ip_of_your_pi>/cops/checkconfig.php
in a browser gives no errors? I don’t expect any errors.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #1631
superturrican

checkconfig.php gives no errors.
rr: old versions of stuff - I set this up under OpenMediaVault on a RasPi, and it's worked just fine until the last couple of days. As you said, if it ain't broke... only now it is. I guess I'll have to try and update it and risk breaking a whole bunch of software.

Last edited by superturrican; 04-14-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #1632
otapi
otapi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Did you set up the url rewrite in your webserver? I have also Raspbian, but I use lighthttp for webserver. I had to set up these /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf to get work the download urls properly eg. for my Kobo reader. Maybe it helps you:
server.modules += ("mod_rewrite")
server.document-root = "/media/hdd/www"
url.rewrite-once = ("/cops/download/(.*)/.*\.(.*)$" => "/cops/fetch.php?data=$1&type=$2",
"^/cops/download/(\d+)/(\d+)/.*\.(.*)$" => "/cops/fetch.php?data=$1&db=$2&type=$3")
otapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #1633
otapi
otapi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
By the way, do you know any way how to show the list of books in random order? All the lists show in alphabetic order, but I would love to see the books in random - like the books are in random on an everyday real bookshelf usually.
otapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:22 PM   #1634
cgronier
cgronier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O , Calibre on Mac OS, COPS on QNAP TS451A, eBook Search on iOS
Hi all,

I am not a coder but I managed to get the following working :
- COPS 1.1.1 manual installation on a Qnap NAS (TS-451A)
- Edition of the config_default.php and config_local.php in order to have the Calibre data available to COPS
- Edition of the .htaccess file (which was hidden by default on the NAS...!) in order to have a proper authentication working
- Tweaking of my router settings in order to be able to access COPS from outside my LAN
- Edition of the config_default.php and config_local.php in order to display a custom column

After two days (I told you I was not a coder !) so far so good.

However I have :
1. questions on stuff that is "working" but seem strange to me
2. something about the Calibre custom column that is not working

1. First my questions :

a. Why is the field named "Series" in Calibre named "Collections" in COPS ?
- This is not only confusing for anyone, but I happen to have created a custom column in Calibre with the name of collection (and not Collections). So it is even more confusing for me !

b. I can't figure out what parameters should be written in config_default.php and/or in config_local.php. Il seems to me that some stuff only works in one of the files and some in the other. In the end I essentially have the same parameters in both files.
- If someone can explain how these two files should be used together, I would appreciate

c. I struggled to get .htaccess / .htpasswd work properly (on day troubleshooting). In the end I had to disable the "AuthGroupFile /dev/null" parameter in .htaccess to have the thing work properly.
- Does this lower the security of the authentication ?

2. Now the stuff that doesn't work :

By adding the following in config_default.php (and) config_local.php :
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column'] = array ("collection");
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column_list'] = array ("collection");
$config['cops_calibre_custom_column_preview'] = array ("collection");

I have the custom field named "Collection" appear in the welcome window of COPS.
YEAH!
The custom field is displayed along with the standard sections (Authors, Tags, Collections, etc.)
The label says "Custom column "Collection"
If I click on the label I go the a second page with all my "Collections" (not to be confused with the hard wired Collections/Series). The names and book counts are correct and match the Calibre data.
YEAH! YEAH!

But when I click on one of the labels I either go to a blank page [IOS] or into a never-ending wait (the blue circling dots next to the title of the html page) [MacOS/Safari]

By the way, my custom column in also NOT displayed in the book detail window as I believe it should

For those that it could help, the page the browser is trying to reach is something like
http://xx.x.x.xxx/COPS/index.php?pag...m=1&id=14&db=0
or
http://xx.x.x.xxx/COPS/index.php?pag...om=1&id=3&db=0
etc.

Sorry for the long post. I tried to explain the whole context in order to provide useful information to the experts that, I hope, will answer my questions and issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COPS.png
Views:	427
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	163887   Click image for larger version

Name:	COPS2.png
Views:	276
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	163888  
cgronier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #1635
mariosipad
Guru

Just a few quick answers:

1a - COPS is language localized. Collections is french for series.
If you want to use “series” in cops you can:
- change the language of your device to english, or
- change the french language file in the /lang directory, or
- use the command at the bottom of the config_local.php file and use the english language (never tried it).

1b - config_default.php should not be changed fron the default.
Any changes in the parameters should be placed in config_local.php.
I always copy config_default.php to config_local.php and then change options in the config_local.php file. You can leave out any not changed line out of config_Local.php.
COPS first reads config_default.php and then config_local.php.

1c - for AuthGroupFile /dev/null to work you need to enable the module authz_groupfile (with a2enmod authz_groupfile in debian/ubuntu/apache. I do not know if this works on a QNAP)

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology