Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Open Office 3.x (free) has a Print to PDF button.
Eliminate the Scan step
Indeedy, as do many things these days. I've not tried it, but can't we just print to something like Primo PDF out of Sigil?

Of course, this is completely OT now...stupid columns. Which ended up being the LEAST of my concerns, the bloody spans from MS Word were absolutely horrific. I had to strip the formatting and then re-do every book. What a freaking nightmare.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #17
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I've played around with some CSS and created a rough Cast of Characters type page in a simple two column layout.

This was created in Sigil, and displays correctly in ADE, Calibre, Sony reader software. Ironically, Sigil for some reason doesn't display it properly unless you resize the book view narrow enough.

I have no Idea how amazon would handle it, although what I came up didn't exactly require rocket science.

Screenshot of how it looks in ADE:

The epub file is attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: epub columntest.epub (2.0 KB, 375 views)
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I've played around with some CSS and created a rough Cast of Characters type page in a simple two column layout.

This was created in Sigil, and displays correctly in ADE, Calibre, Sony reader software. Ironically, Sigil for some reason doesn't display it properly unless you resize the book view narrow enough.

I have no Idea how amazon would handle it, although what I came up didn't exactly require rocket science.

The epub file is attached to this post.

I added a body style with a width 30em
that keeps it from spreading out.
So it looks as you can wrap your style in with another, that keeps it contained
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #19
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I don't know what you mean because for me in Sigil it displays correctly, whether the view is narrow or wide. This is Sigil 0.2.0 (the latest version). I think the 30/70 division doesn't look nice in wide view but that's besides the question.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #20
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
I don't know what you mean because for me in Sigil it displays correctly, whether the view is narrow or wide. This is Sigil 0.2.0 (the latest version). I think the 30/70 division doesn't look nice in wide view but that's besides the question.
I'm also using Sigil 0.2.0, so I don't quite know what's happening, most likely a QtWebKit rendering bug.

The 30/70 split was just an example. You can use any combination that adds up to 100%. Heck, you don't even have to limit yourself to two columns if you want more...
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character list, columns, tabbed content, tables, tabs