Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #106
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
I tend to agree that location is helpful if people pay attention. Recently one reader was seeking advice about a new e-reader purchase, from Spain. The Nook was suggested even though the Nook international support has ended and there are NO B&N stores in Spain. I could not think of a much worse suggestion for someone in Spain.

Many e-readers are highly geographic in distribution and therefore user location and the Nook is basically a USA only supported device.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #107
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
I tend to agree that location is helpful if people pay attention. Recently one reader was seeking advice about a new e-reader purchase, from Spain. The Nook was suggested even though the Nook international support has ended and there are NO B&N stores in Spain. I could not think of a much worse suggestion for someone in Spain.

Many e-readers are highly geographic in distribution and therefore user location and the Nook is basically a USA only supported device.
At least 3 people have pointed that out to the original suggestor.
That in itself has nothing to do with location but more to do with the one suggesting their favorite.

Now I can tell you that I know of two people on the forum that will suggest a specific tablet if asked. Note one recommends Samsung and the other an iPad.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:24 PM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
At least 3 people have pointed that out to the original suggestor.
That in itself has nothing to do with location but more to do with the one suggesting their favorite.

Now I can tell you that I know of two people on the forum that will suggest a specific tablet if asked. Note one recommends Samsung and the other an iPad.
I will recommend an iPad for PDF because the best tablet app for PDF is iOS only.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #109
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I will recommend an iPad for PDF because the best tablet app for PDF is iOS only.
I have never had any trouble with pdf on my Samsung Galaxy.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #110
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I have never had any trouble with pdf on my Samsung Galaxy.
I'm not saying PDF is an issue with Android. I'm saying the best app to handle PDF is on iOS. GoodReader is an excellent app. There is nothing as good for Android.

https://www.goodreader.com
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #111
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm not saying PDF is an issue with Android. I'm saying the best app to handle PDF is on iOS. GoodReader is an excellent app. There is nothing as good for Android.

https://www.goodreader.com
Since I am in a good mood I shall take your word for it.