Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-17-2018, 04:20 AM   #46
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Personally, I like the design of the Kobo Aura H2O. That would be similar to a Voyage/PW with just a larger screen.
No, the H2O is the worst design of any ereader and cannot be used without a cover! Kobo is the worst!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:53 AM   #47
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
No, the H2O is the worst design of any ereader and cannot be used without a cover! Kobo is the worst!
Oh Johnny. Why do I have the feeling Jon is not going to agree with you.

Last edited by darryl; 03-17-2018 at 05:20 AM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2018, 05:16 AM   #48
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
I'm not even sure what the joke is. I've been using the H2O without a cover for years, and love it so much that I've bought several of the same for my friends and family who are using them happily. It's a really great device.

But I'm sure I'm missing some in-joke here or something.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:24 AM   #49
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfan View Post
I'm not even sure what the joke is. I've been using the H2O without a cover for years, and love it so much that I've bought several of the same for my friends and family who are using them happily. It's a really great device.

But I'm sure I'm missing some in-joke here or something.
JSWolf, Jon, is our resident curmudgeon, as I think he humorously described himself. Apart from this, he is a huge fan of the epub format and of Kobo. What johnnyb said about the H2O is like a red flag to a bull. I may be wrong, but I don't expect that JSWolf will leave the honour of the H2O undefended.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:26 AM   #50
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
The H20 is a terrible design. They should have made it more ergonomic, maybe made it thinner and lighter by using a smaller battery or making one side thinner than the other so it is easier to hold.

The only reason people buy the H2O is for bragging rights.

John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2018, 06:02 AM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
The H20 is a terrible design. They should have made it more ergonomic, maybe made it thinner and lighter by using a smaller battery or making one side thinner than the other so it is easier to hold.

The only reason people buy the H2O is for bragging rights.

We've had this discussion. Thinner/lighter is not always a good thing if it means the battery has to take a hit. Take a look at the Oasis2. It's thinner/lighter at the cost of the battery. Some people have said they don't like the squarish design. Others have said they've like a larger screen Voyage and that one I agree with. I would like to see a larger screen Voyage. It would be a better design. Most Readers are of the rectangle design. So that means that most are used to that design.

When Readers first came out, we didn't have people complaining that they were too big/heavy. There have been a lot of Readers that have come out that are heavier than the H2O. That includes Readers from Amazon & Sony.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-17-2018 at 06:04 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:24 AM   #52
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
We've had this discussion. ...
And by "we" and "discussion" you mean you continue to whinge about it.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #53
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
I can't believe that I just popped into an interesting-looking thread on display technology and there was Jon again, pissing and moaning about how Kindle sucks, while in the Kindle forum. Goodness this guy needs a hobby. Let's all chip in and get him some basket-weaving materials.

Anyhow, too bad about Liquavista, although the demos never looked like they got the colors all that impressive. Pale, low-contrast, etc.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Blame supermighty for quoting a post that did not need to be quoted from May 2017.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 09:55 PM   #55
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Blame supermighty for quoting a post that did not need to be quoted from May 2017.
I guess we can take that as a warning to not update a thread with relevant information.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:33 AM   #56
darryl
Wizard

I've got to stick up for Jon here, not that he needs my help. He can be annoyingly pedantic and persistent at times, but Mobileread is much better off having him play an active role as he does. And it's not exactly unknown for him to be right and to make worthwhile contributions even when I don't agree with him. Sometimes I feel compelled to comment. Much of the time, particularly with pro-epub and anti-Amazon posts I just shrug and think that's just Jon being Jon.

@JSWolf. Thanks for your contributions, even if I don't always agree with them.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:32 AM   #57
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3

Last edited by doubleshuffle; 03-18-2018 at 04:45 AM.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #58
Abcdefghijkl
Abcdefghijkl began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Are you guys really soo inattentive ?

Liquavista's EWD was the best display technology for the future. It was a high contrast true color device.
Probably all of you have seen an old video and doesn't bothered to search for recent video.

So look at that:
https://youtu.be/Bf1GjCaYzYg?t=1m28s

I myself hoped for years that (front-lighted) ewd will once replace desktop monitors. Yes IPS, AMVA, SPVA too, not just TN...

Last edited by Abcdefghijkl; 03-25-2018 at 09:15 AM.
Abcdefghijkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:08 AM   #59
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Liquivista has shut down https://goodereader.com/blog/e-paper...he-netherlands
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #60
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
To buy, or not to buy, that is the Question:
Whether ’tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outragious Fortune,
Or to take Armes against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them at CLEARink: to dye, to sleep, to shut-down as digital signage ...

Last edited by Marinolino; 03-25-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote