Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
inputfreak
inputfreak began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
[Old Thread] Calibre ePubs crash iTunes with iPad?

Hello all, I'm sort of new to ePub's and Calibre. I only found out about this tool after I picked up my iPad yesterday. Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but maybe it's just me, but I've been trying to convert some simple PDF stories I have to ePub's to move over to my iPad. The conversion process works fine, but when I drop the ePub into iTunes, it starts to do the copy, and near the end, iTunes just crashes. I'm not sure if it's the profile type, or if it's an iTunes issue. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening here?
inputfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
inputfreak
inputfreak began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Update: OK, nevermind... After looking around, this time I had iTunes sync my books instead, and it looks like the ePub's got onto my iPad just fine... I guess I can't manually drop them onto my iPad. Maybe it's something with iTunes, because it looks like it wants to work, but at the tail end of the copy process it bombs out.
inputfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
wayner
Connoisseur
wayner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 in Canada, iPad wifi only
FYI - I see this same issue with iTunes crashing when I try to copy a EPUB from calibre by dragging it to iTunes. I will try your sync method.
wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
MacBHoward
MacBHoward began at the beginning.

Device: iPad2
Two weeks ago I selected to add an epub to iTunes, and my iTunes froze. Since then whenever I open iTunes, it freezes 42 seconds after I start the application. I've spent many hours with Apple customer service reps who have been awesome but unsuccessful in solving the problem. I've also moved my Calibre library to a different Mac along with my iTunes library, and I synch my iPad to it. Has anyone else seen a post or heard of a similar problem? I'm using an iMac 27" i5 with Lion installed.
MacBHoward is offline   Reply With Quote