Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Some NaNo cover art

I like to do cover art for stuff I'm writing, so here's what I rustled up for this years NaNo stuff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nonfiction.png
Views:	387
Size:	558.6 KB
ID:	39126   Click image for larger version

Name:	rainfall.png
Views:	405
Size:	344.1 KB
ID:	39127   Click image for larger version

Name:	sleeping-lessons21.png
Views:	401
Size:	386.0 KB
ID:	39128  
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
those are brilliant ! (and the cover for non-fiction *was* missing the bottom half in that other thread ).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
those are brilliant ! (and the cover for non-fiction *was* missing the bottom half in that other thread ).
Doh!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I like! The last one, "Sleeping Lessons" looks a bit spooky.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I like! The last one, "Sleeping Lessons" looks a bit spooky.

There's some spooky moments, I suppose, but not scary spooky It's more fog and power stations and the noise of power stations and riding bicycles late and at night when....it's what happens after everyone else is asleep in a small nowhere town that could be anywhere.
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
There's some spooky moments, I suppose, but not scary spooky It's more fog and power stations and the noise of power stations and riding bicycles late and at night when....it's what happens after everyone else is asleep in a small nowhere town that could be anywhere.
That's what they all say... So, why is it that the spookiest stuff always happens in those "small nowhere towns"?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
That's what they all say... So, why is it that the spookiest stuff always happens in those "small nowhere towns"?
seriously.

(and also : i don't know, but it makes me glad i live in the biggest city in the country ! )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
Moxie Mezcal
Human Fly
Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPad
Those look fantastic, Moejoe! It's great to see you're writing again.

Do you think you'll have any new stuff ready by Dec 1? If so, you should think about participating in Free-E-Day (http://freeeday.wordpress.com). It's a great event organized by Dan Holloway (Songs from the Other Side of the Wall) where dozens of writers, musicians, and artists from around the world are going to give their work away for free. Since all your stuff is free anyways, it seems like it'd be a great way for you to reach some new readers.

Check out the site and send Dan a message if you're interested. He's a really cool guy, great writer, and cares passionately about indie culture.

(And by the way, I'm finishing up a couple new shorts that I'm going to release on Dec 1 as my contribution to the event.)
Moxie Mezcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Mezcal View Post
Those look fantastic, Moejoe! It's great to see you're writing again.

Do you think you'll have any new stuff ready by Dec 1? If so, you should think about participating in Free-E-Day (http://freeeday.wordpress.com). It's a great event organized by Dan Holloway (Songs from the Other Side of the Wall) where dozens of writers, musicians, and artists from around the world are going to give their work away for free. Since all your stuff is free anyways, it seems like it'd be a great way for you to reach some new readers.

Check out the site and send Dan a message if you're interested. He's a really cool guy, great writer, and cares passionately about indie culture.

(And by the way, I'm finishing up a couple new shorts that I'm going to release on Dec 1 as my contribution to the event.)
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll look into that quick-smart
Old 11-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
All 3 covers look really professional but my favourite is the first as the yellow really stands out and draws my eyes to it.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #11
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Ooh pretty. I like Rainfall and Sleeping Lessons the best. Mostly Sleeping Lessons because it's just awesomely creepy.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Ooh pretty. I like Rainfall and Sleeping Lessons the best. Mostly Sleeping Lessons because it's just awesomely creepy.
Here are the source images these three covers were based on (resized to fit the forum).

Old 11-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #13
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
It's interesting that you got that from that. =)
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
See, that's why I need an artist. There's no way I would have looked at those original photos and seen what you did.

Or have known how to get there from here.

I'm awestruck.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #15
Moejoe
Banned

Second pass of the Sleeping Lessons cover. I think this one fits the tone of the book a lot more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SLEEP.png
Views:	349
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	39941